05 | H O G W A R T S

•••
right person.
                 wrong time.
wrong person.
               right time.
•••

   Despite all of the things she'd heard about Hogwarts, it still blew Lynnea's mind. As they arrived in the darkness, seeing the glimmering lights of Hogwarts shine against the black nightsky was quite a view. She had to concentrate really hard on her mouth to stay close, but as she finally entered the great hall her eyes grew large. She barely could take her eyes from the bewitched ceiling, which showed the nightsky, the thousands of flying candles floating midair, until Harry told her that where she had to go.

   Maybe it was because of all the bad stuff she'd heard about Slytherin, but her first impression was, that the people there seemed to look way more unfriendly than on the other tables. She sat down far apart from the crowd, which was already glaring at her, but she didn't stay alone for too long. A bleach blonde boy sat down opposite to her, followed by two gorilla like guys to his left and right.

   "You're the new girl", he snarled, a grin on his face, his grey eyes glimming.

   "And you are Captain Obvious?", she replied without looking at him; instead her face was fixed to the staff table, were a small toadlike woman had taken a seat now.

   "I am Draco Malfoy", he said, and she turned around to meet his eyes. "These are Crabbe and Goyle." Lynnea didn't pay them attention, she'd probably forget about their names the second Draco Malfoy would speak again.

   "Lynnea Bailey", she said in a bored tone.

   "Michael Bailey's daughter?"

   "The one and only", Lynnea snorted.

   "So you're pureblood, aren't you?", Draco asked.

   "To be honest?" Lynnea shrugged and looked back to the staff table. "I don't know. And I don't care either."

   "I feared you'd say so", the boy sighed. "I saw you entering the great hall with Potter and the bloodtraitors. And of course the mudblood."

   "If you mean Hermione and the Weasleys", she slowly replied, turning around with narrowed eyes. "Then yes, I did. They're really good friends of mine, and I'd prefer you'd not call them these names." Well, that's it. She chose her side. That might be the end of her peaceful life here at Hogwarts.

   Draco opened his mouth for a reply, but right in that moment Daphne and Tracey sat down next to Lynnea and started flooding her with words, so he closed it and just shook his head. The girls didn't stop talking until Dumbledore Rose from his chair to welcome them all back to Hogwarts. His speech soon was interrupted, and as she started talking with a high girlish voice, Lynnea drifted away. Her gaze fell on another teacher - and he was staring back.

   His hair were as black as his eyes, a long crooked nose was sitting in the middle of his face, which wore an unreadable expression. Lynnea blinked, and as she did the teacher had taken his eyes from her, now watching the pink witch babbling.

   It took a while before she finally finished, and that was when Dumbledore released them. Daphne grabbed Lynnea's right arm, Tracey the left one.

   "Come, we'll help you find our common room", Daphne said, smiling cheerfully as they dragged her along.

   To Lynnea's horror the common room was in the dungeons. It was all black, green and silver, a gloomy light was shining through some high windows, looking like water, so she suggested they were under the Black Lake. The dormitory had five four poster beds, every single one was made out of black wood and green sheets and curtains. Her trunk had already been brought there, standing at the end of one of the bed, which she assumed to be hers.

   "You talked to Draco during the feast", a annoyed voice from the door spoke and Lynnea twirled around. Two more girls were standing in the doorframe, one of them small with black short hair, a nose like a rat, her arms crossed in front of her chest, the other one was huge, dirty brown curls framed a face like a truck.

   "Was that his name?", she said. "The blonde one? Well, I did. And you are?"

   "Pansy Parkinson", the small one replied. "And Millicent Bulstrode." She pointed at the half-giant next to her. Lynnea had the feeling that this was the beginning of a great friendship. "You better take your hands off of Draco", she added.

   "It's not like I chose to talk to him." Lynnea rolled her eyes. "But no problem, I didn't really feel the urge to repeat it." Daphne and Tracey exchanged anxious gazes, and Pansy furrowed her eyebrows, while her eyes transformed to small slits.

   "Stay away from him", she hissed.

   "Could be a problem, as I'm stucked in this house here with him, don't you think?", Lynnea replied sarcastically. "But I see the two of you fit pretty fine." The corners of her mouth twitched.

   "Pansy, she's new here, she didn't know -", Tracey said, but was cut short by Pansy immediately.

   "Shut up, half-breed", she snapped, before she turned back at Lynnea, obviously fuming. "Listen, Missy, and you better listen closel, if you don't want to be your life inside of these castle walls a living nightmare -"

   "Oh, a living nightmare you say?", she snickered in a defiant voice. "I wonder how that might feels."

   "You really want to mess with me, yeah?" Pansy's words by now had become pure venom.

   "I don't want anything but my holy peace! You came to me with that bitching about a stupid boy I don't even care the slightest about", Lynnea spat. "I don't know who you think you are, but I guess from now on we should act like the other one doesn't even exist. At least that's what I'll be doing with you."

   Turning around she could see out of the corner of her eyes that Pansy snapped her wand at Lynnea. In a flash she grabbed her own, twirling around to point her wand at the small girl.

   "Is there any problem here?" A boys voice left Pansy's face startled. She hesitated for a moment, then she lowered her wand.

   "No", she said, still throwing death glares at Lynnea. "Nothing. Come", she barked at Millicent, pulling her with her.

   As they were gone, Lynnea's gaze fell on the guy, who had appeared behind the two girls, and as her eyes locked with his, her heart missed a beat.

   "Lynn?", he said, his blue eyes growing wide. "Lynnea Bailey?"

   "Aiden", she replied in a whisper, every strength was taken out of her voice by the view of him.

   "Wow, so you're the new student here everyone is talking about", he said, his eyes full of surprise.

   "Yeah, and I'm pretty tired now, and I want to unpack my stuff and go to bed", she coldly told him. "Good night, Aiden."

   "See, I know you're mad at me, but let me explain -"

   "I said good night!", Lynnea snapped, crossing the room in three huge steps, smashing the door in front of his face. As she turned around, she looked into Daphne's and Tracey's shocked, yet curious faces.

   "What the actual hell was that about?", Tracey asked in a low voice, her eyes round. And Lynnea sighed, deeply frustrated, before she started telling them.