61 | T E E T H

•••
if fear hasn't killed me yet,
nothing will.
•••

Sitting in the common room, Lynnea turned the necklace between her fingers, lost in her thoughts. She was alone, almost everyone was in the great hall for dinner, but she didn't feel hungry. All Lynnea could do was wondering where Harry was right now, hoping that he was okay and that he'll come back soon. Of course he was right: being with Dumbledore was the safest he could be. But the strange feeling in her stomach wouldn't go away.

She was thinking about trying to find Ginny, she for sure was as much worried as Lynnea was. But right at the moment she was half lifted out of the arm chair she had been sitting on, the door swayed open and it seemed like the whole house Slytherin was entereing all at once. Lynnea stared at the crowd in confusion. Some of them seemed scared, others where puzzled, a few looked slightly bored ...

"Tracey!", Lynnea yelled, seeing her friend not far from herself. "Trace! What's going on?!"

"Death Eaters", she gave the short answer and Lynnea felt hrr blood freeze and her heart skipped several beats, just to threat crashing out of the girl's chest a second later, hammering rapidly against her ribs. She had to be joking ... How could Death Eaters come to the grounds?

Then a terrible thought crossed her mind; what if Dumbledore wasn't able to protect the grounds any longer? What if ... - she wasn't able to end the thought. Knowing she should do as her brother told her and stay in the safety of the dungeons, her feet were moving straight to the exit. As she let her gaze flow over the crowd, she noticed who missed here. Draco wasn't there ...

The dungeons were silent, as silent as they always were. If the Death Eaters surprised the students and staff during dinner, the Slytherins and Hufflepuffs had their shortest way into the safety of their common rooms. She had to find Ron, Hermione and Ginny! She needed to know them save. When Lynnea entered the entrance hall, she was greeted by lightnings and sparks, flying spells and shouts, yells, screams. She scanned the surroundings, tried to find the familiar faces of her Gryffindor friends. There was Professor McGonagall fighting three Death Eaters at the same time, while the tiny Professor Flitwick shot curses at another two. Lynnea could hear the noise of the battles of the upper floors; she knew that neither Ron, nor Hermione and Ginny would refuse to fight, so they wouldn't be in their common room, of that she was sure.

A spell hit the wall next to her and she snapped her head to face the hooded and masked figure, that had shot the curse. He had still pointed his wand at her and Lynnea raised her own now, ready to fight. But immediately a spell hit him from the left, blowing him off his feet.

"Stop staring like a barn owl", snapped Tonks from the open portal, where some members of the Order of the Phoenix stormed in; Remus and Kingsley started firing curses at the Death Eaters, while Bill Weasley and Fleur climbed the main stairs. "Run and hide your ass, Lynnea!"

She mouthed a 'thanks' in Tonks' direction and turned on her heels to spurt up the stairs, too. At the third floor she saw a redhead fiercely blocking the stunning spells a Death Eater was firing at him like a machine gun.

"Expelliarmus!", Lynnea screamed and the wand of man was ripped out of his hand.

"Stupor!", Ron thundered at the same moment the Death Eater was turning around to her. He collapsed on the floor. "Nice one, thanks!", Ron said, stepped over the unconscious body and walked over to Lynnea.

"Where are Ginny and Hermione?", she asked, panting after running up three floors.

"I told them to go back to our common room, what they probably didn't have done", he said. "Why aren't you at your house?"

"And miss all the fun here?", she sarcastically responded and snorted. "No way! So let's find Hermione and Ginny, before someone else would."

"They're kinda save, Harry gave us his Felix Filicis potion, it'll work for a few hours. I just hope, Dumbledore will be back soon."

"The Order is already here", she said. "How did those prats get in here? I thought it's impossible!"

"I dunno. Let's get your ass out of here, before they get you", Ron said. "Harry would kill me, if something would happen to you. And if he wouldn't, then it'd be Fred."

They went further upstairs. It went calmer, the fights seemed to happen downstairs.

"This is totally fucked up", Ron growled. "Harry and Dumbledore leave the school and hell breakes loose."

"Coincidence?", Lynnea asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't know ... They want to get Harry", Ron replied. "But they don't want to meet Dumbledore on their way to him. So - ARGH!"

Lynnea reacted instinctively and pushed Ron aside as someone jumped out from behind the corner and shot a spell at them. Ron hit the wall. The girl noticed the face of the Death Eater, she'd seen it almost two years ago in the newspaper. It was Fenrir Greyback, grinning evily at her, his teeth were yellowish and looked like the fangs of a wild animal. He indeed had something of a wolf ... But it wasn't full moon.

"Potter", he grunted. "What a pleasure. You look tasty tonight." His laugh sounded like the growl of an wild animal. Lynnea looked at Ron, knowing he was in highest danger when she stayed with him here, so she did the only possible thing she could think of right now: she ran. She turned around and ran, throwing a gaze over her shoulder and watched her plan work out; Fenrir Greyback was on her heels, ignoring Ron completely, whose eyes followed Lynnea with a horrific look. The eyes of the werewolf sparkled with amusement, as if he'd enjoy haunting her, before he could finally finish her off.

Lynnea slithered around the corner, noticing he was too fast. She couldn't run from him, so she was looking for a place to hide. The spells she shot over her shoulder failed its aim over and over.

An invisible rope seemed to flung around her ankle, she stumbled and her face hit the ground, before she got the chance to stretch her arms out to brake the fall. Lynnea immediately pushed herself off the ground, she needed to get back up - and a sharp pain shot through her ribs, as his boots hit her thorax and she crushed back on the ground, all air was pressed out of her body and she gasped for oxygen. He shoved his foot under Lynnea's body and roughly kicked her around, so that she lay on her back, looking up at his devilish face.

He stepped on her chest, pressing his full bodyweight down on her and she could feel her ribs break and a scream escaped her lips.

"Oh Baby, come on, yell a little louder for me", he snarled in a raspy, calm voice and another crack in Lynnea's rib cage made her whimper in agony, pressing her eyes close.

The weight was taken from her body, but the pain wouldn't leave. She opened my eyes and twitched, what made the pain shoot through her synapses as an electric shock; his face was merely inches away from hers, he sat on her stomach, legs pressed into her sides, his hands grabbed the girl's wrists and pinned them onto the floor.

"I'm sure the Dark Lord will forgive me, if I have a little taste, before I deliver his precious girl to him", he groaned and bared his teeth, as he came closer.