75 | W A I T I N G

•••
It gives me strength to have
somebody to fight for;           

I can never fight for myself,
    but, for others, I can kill.

••

   Days went shorter, as summer was coming to an end. Lynnea still hadn't heard a thing of Harry, Ron and Hermione, but as Kingsley told us, the three of them managed to flee out of the Ministry and were now back on the run. Lynnea decided to stay here at the Burrow til September ends, then she'd leave. As long as she was here no one of the Weasley's was safe. As Mrs Weasley had told her right, Lynnea was the most wanted girl in the whole country, and to stay here would endanger all of them. She was wondering where she should go. She couldn't return to Harry, Ron and Hermione, for she had not the slightest clue, where they were right now. Grimmauld Place was also no option, it surely was stuffed with Death Eaters, which were examining every tiny corner of the house. She was thinking about going to Godric's Hollow.

   But on the last day of September, when she had packed my bags and was ready to leave by night time, something crossed her plans. She got a note from Bill, that Ron had appeared at Bill's and Fleur's house in Shell Cottage during the last night. Even though it was dangerous for her to travel, she let Bill take her to his home where she met Ron.

   "You're fine!", Lynnea sighed, flinging her arms around his neck. "What happened? Where are Harry and Hermione?"

   "I made a mistake", Ron muttered, as we broke the hug. He told me how they got the locket from Umbridge, how he splintered, being unable to travel for a while, so they were stuck, how the necklace had darkened his mind and how they argued and he left the two. "I regret it since the second I left. I stumbled over a few Snatchers. They're really dumb, so I took their wands and disapparated. I wanted to return to Harry and Hermione, but Hermione's spells are – like I predicted them to be – gorgeous, so I can't find them ...", he finished. "What happened to you? Harry completely freaked out, after we brought the Death Eater at Grimmauld Place, he wanted to go back, but Hermione and I held him back. We knew you would be able to handle Yaxley on your own."

   "I disapparated to the Burrow, somehow I managed to get through the protection your dad had put up", Lynnea told him. "I splinched, too. That's why my face looks like this." She pointed at the scar.

   "Haven't noticed at all", Ron said, his mouth twitching.

   "Charming, Ronald", Lynnea chuckled. "Well, I was about to leave tonight, but as you're here now, maybe we could go and find Harry and Hermione together, dont you think?"

   "Great idea, have you any idea how to do so?", he asked, frowning.

   "Not yet, but I guess, we can find out, won't we?", she said, smiling grimly.

  Lynnea decided to stay with Ron at Shell Cottage. Bill was sure, that this was temporary the best idea, as nobody knew about this house at all, so no one would even guess her here. So October came and passed and nothing happened at all. Fred and George went in hiding together with Lee Jordan, they made a radio channel, called "Potterwatch", where they tried to inform people of all the badstuff going on. People started vanishing, such as Dean Thomas and Theodore Tonks, most of them muggle-borns, but also Hagrid was on the run. Lynnea was highly proud with her future husband to do this stuff, but on the other hand deeply afraid, that they got caught, what would mean their sure death.

   "You give me shivers, everytime you tell them tosupport Harry", Lynnea whispered, as they lay down on the guest's bed. They hadn't seen each other for over two month, as it was half through November by now, Lynnea buried her face into his chest, inhaling his scent, that she missed so badly during the last weeks. "I always expect them to burst in and kill you ..."

   "They won't find us", he said. "We send out of the Room of Requirements."

   The girl's eyes went round. "Straight under Snape's crooked nose?", she said and he nodded, smiling mischievously. "That'samazing!"

   "Most of the students hide there", he told me."Neville, Luna and Ginny are still running the DA-meetings."

   "That's completely bonkers", Lynnea replied, though she was impressed. "If they get caught ..."

   "Yeah, but if no one of us won't do anything, we have already lost", he said. Of course he was right. "So what about you? I know you too well, to be well aware you aren't just staying here to hide your cute ass."

   "Guess you're right", Lynnea mumbled. She sighed deeply. "Ron and me are trying to find out where Harry and Hermione are. But it's more difficult than we guessed. Anyways, as soon, as we find out, we'll leave."

   "I feared you'd say so", he sighed. "I have to admit, I was all too glad, knowing you're safe here. Can I do anything to talk this out of your head?"

   "You know the answer", Lynnea said. "I have to help him. As long as I'm here, I live with the constant fear of reading about his death in the newspaper ..."

   "This is the exact feeling I got, while you're on the run", Fred replied, his lips brushing hers softly. "Well, I'd say, as you could be gone by tomorrow, let's make this a night to remember, huh?", he whispered against her lips and she smiled, as he lay them back on Lynnea's, starting to move them in the same rhythm. "I love you, Lynnie", he mumbled during a short break, but didn't give her the chance to reply, as his lips crashed back on hers, now more passionate, while his hands where wandering down her body. Just for this one moment she allowed herself to forget about the world around her ...