70 | D A N C E

•••
and you know that we're doomed.
my dear,                   
we're slow dancing in a burnin' room.
•••

   "Dad should be already here", George said after a while of chatting.

   "Maybe we should start without him", Mrs Weasley said. She had walked over to her kids and Lynnea, constantly glaring at the gate. "He must have been held up - oh!"

   They all saw it at the same time: a streak of light that came flying across the yard and onto the table, where it resolved itself into a bright silver weasel, which stood on its hind legs and spoke with Mr Weasley's voice.

"Minister of Magic coming with me."

   "Lynnea, come on", Fred said harshly, grabbing her hand, before she felt the familiar sensation of being squeezed through a tiny tube, finding herself back in her room a second later.

   "What does he want here?", she snapped furious. "I thought Harry made his point clear last time they talked."

   "I don't know, but it looks like he's coming into the house with Harry, Ron and Hermione", Fred said, watching out of the window from behind the curtains. "Seems like were trapped in here." He turned around, smiling. "So, when do you have to leave?"

   "W-what?", Lynnea stammered, staring at him in shock. How'd he know?

   "Well, I know that Harry's up to something and I am well aware, that you wouldn't let him do that on his own", Fred replied and shrugged, coming over to her. He sat down on the bed.

   "Fred, I - what would you do, if it was George?"

   "Don't get me wrong, I understand that you have to go", he said. "I am just slightly disappointed you didn't tell me about this cute plan, that's at least affecting our whole future."

   "We need to end this war for a future, Fred", she quietly said. "I can't just sit here and hide from Voldemort, or Scrimgeour. I want a normal life, and I don't want to marry you in the underground, I don't want to live in a cave with you, only leaving it in a bubble of protective spells."

   "If you won't come back -"

   "That's a risk I gotta take ..."

   "I got a bad feeling, you'd say that", he mumbled, staring at his feet. "Can I do something to stop you?"

   Lynnea shook her head, biting her lip. Instinctively she grabbed the necklace around her neck, the one Dumbledore gave to her merely hours before he died, asking heeself when she'd finally know what to do, as he wrote on his last note to her.

   But for now they just sat here in this bedroom, waiting for the storm to come, not able to imagine what it'll reveal to our lifes. And Lynnea was absolutely sure that nothing would ever be the same after it'd be over.

•••

   The wedding was beautiful, and as everyone expected, Fleur was a stunning bride, no-one was able to take their eyes off. She filled the room with such grace, that it was an ease to feel like a tiny potatoe when being around her.

   "So you're the girlfriend of that unpleasant twins?", a croaky voice behind Lynnea said, when she was on her way from the dancefloor back to her seat to get a drink, and she turned around, looking at an old woman staring at her with a stern look across her wrinkled face.

   "Actually I'm the girlfriend of one of the unpleasant twins", she replied, tilting her head slightly. "But yes, I am."

   "You're way too skinny", she said, her gaze flickering over Lynnea's dress. "And what is that dress for, are you earning your money with -"

   "Ah, Auntie Muriel, you met Lynnea!" Ron was appearing by Lynnea's side. "Lynn, this is our dear Aunt Muriel. Well, Fred asked for you, you better go for him, while I have a dance with my favourite aunt."

   He threw the girl a gaze that frankly told her 'You owe me your soul, Potter!', so she wasted no time and hurtled away, finding Fred wildly dancing with Ginny, but as a new, slow song started, he caught Lynnea's eyes and smiled. Ginny winked at her and was heading back of in Harry's direction and Lynnea couldn't surpress a bright beam on her lips.

   "I met your Aunt Muriel", she said and Fred's eyes widened, as they slowly started to dance. "Guess she likes me as much as she likes you."

   "Don't be offended, whatever she said", Fred sighed. "She's pretty much being mean to anyone."

   Lynnea bursted out laughing, burrying her face in his chest. "Yeah, I guess I owe Ron my life", she chuckled. "He saved me and is now having the time of his life, dancing with her. Oh and by the way, do I have a stroke, or is this our Hermione dancing with the famous Victor Krum?"

   "You have no stroke", Fred replied with a smirk. "They kinda dated three years ago."

   "You're kidding me!", Lynnea shouted and her eyes went round.

   "Actually no, it even was in the newspapers."

    "Seems like I missed a lot of fun, huh? I really wish I knew you before", she sighed.

   "So do I", Fred whispered. "In easier times. Without knowing everything could be destroyed in the blink of an eye."

   "It'll soon be over", Lynnea quietly replied. "I just have the feeling, it won't take all too long."

   They slowly moved over the dancefloor, it was a perfect moment, and it could be a perfect night. Lynnea watched her brother blissfully smiling while dancing with Ginny, and Ron, who had obviously managed to get rid of his aunt, had his arms wrapped around Hermione, as they also were softly moving to the slow melody of the song.

   "I love you, Lynn", Fred suddenly said. "However this will end, never forget that I love you more than anything in this world. I -"

   But she'd never knew the end of his sentence, because at that moment, something large and silver came falling through the canopy over the dance floor. Graceful and gleaming, a lynx landed lightly in the middle of the astonished dancers. Heads turned, as those nearest it froze absurdly in mid-dance. Then the Patronus's mouth opened wide and it spoke in the loud, deep, slow voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt.

   "The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."