36 | E N D S

•••
just breathe.
•••

"Avad-" - a jet of red light enflamed the Death Eater's body, his lips parted in surprise, before he hit the floor. Behind him stood Remus and George, both had their wands raised.

"As your former Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, I am very disappointed, Mr. Weasley", Remus said, slowly lowering his wand. "Haven't I always told you to never put your wand in your back pockets?" Fred smirked sheepishly, as Remus crossed the room and cut the ropes around Lynnea's wrists and ankles.

"Thanks", she muttered, refusing to look at anyone. "Where's Harry?" She threw a gaze to the door, ready to run.

"Dumbledore is with him", Remus said, and her clenched jaw loosened slightly. "Let's finally get you out of here, Lynn. Harry's safe with Dumbledore, trust me."

Lynnea slowly nodded, throwing a gaze at Fred, but his cold glare made her shiver, so she hastily looked away. Instead she stared at her feet, feeling empty and numb. If she'd never left the grounds of Hogwarts for her own stupidity, all of this would never had happened. Sirius could still be alive. It was her fault alone, and again her eyes burnt and she felt her throat tighten, as guilts grip took a hold of the girl.

She tried to gulp down the knot in her throat, but it was hopeless. Remus took Lynnea's hand and they disapparated. She expected to be brought back to Grimmauld Place, but instead faced an odd house with several floors; it looked like it was held together by nothing but magic, as it was impossible gravity would allow such a building to exist. With a loud crack Fred and George apparated next to Lynnea and Remus.

"Where are we?", Lynnea asked in a whisper, letting her eyes sway over the wide fields and hills that surrounded them.

"Home", Fred replied in merely a whisper, and without another look at Lynnea he started waking, George followed him, throwing a soft smile back over his shoulder at her. Lynnea felt the world crashing down on her, and if it wasn't Remus still holding her hand in a tight clasp, she was sure she would have been fading away ...

•••

"I'm leaving." Lynnea stuck her head through the kitchen door, where Fred was standing by the window, his hands pressed onto the counter. Everyone came to say goodbye but him.

"Huh?" His head snapped around, and his gaze was still far from the warm look Lynnea was used to get from him. "Oh. Okay."

"Fred ...", she whispered in a faint voice, her shoulders sacked. Slowly she stepped into the kitchen, laying her hand on Fred's, which remained motionless, but his jaw seemed to clench. "I'm sorry. I - this wouldn't make it undone, but believe me I'm sorry. I was stupid, I should have never -"

With shaking head he cut her off. "This is not your fault. They tricked you."

"I was dumb enough to believe it. S-Sirius is dead, and you got almost killed, and it was all because of me ..."

Finally he turned around, looking down on her. "Don't do this", he said, one corner of his mouth raised into a half-smile. But something was still not right. "Nobody killed me."

"But just because -"

He pulled her into his arms. "Lynnea, it's alright. It is not your fault. Don't do this to yourself."

"Can we go?" Remus appeared in the door frame; he was the one to bring Lynnea back to Hogwarts.

But Lynnea's eyes remained on Fred. "Are we fine?", she asked in a shaky voice.