91 | D E S T I N A T I O N

•••
there's just no hope for
a final embrace.

so here we are.
I'm in your head.
I'm in your heart.
•••

As Lynnea was halfway through the hall, she started running. Still she had no control over her legs. Her eyes were fixed on George now, his broken face, tears streaming uncontrollable down his face, his eyes showing the shattered pieces of the feelings lying behind. She fought for breath, the knot in her throat tightened and made it hard for her to breathe.

Mrs Weasley got up, so Lynnea was having free view of who she was crying over and her heart stopped beating. She fell. She fell and fell and fell, but didn't hit no ground. As she arrived, she pushed through Ron and Hermione, both crying silently, falling to her knees next to the love of her life. Fred's face was wearing a mischievous smirk, his eyes were closed, as if he was sleeping. But Lynnea had watched him sleeping so many times, she knew he wasn't. He didn't move, not the slightest, his chest, which used to raise up and down peacefully every night he was lying next to her, was calm and motionless.

"Fred? Freddie ...", Lynnea whispered, while her tears fell on his face. She cupped his face in one hand, but he didn't react. "Fred, don't do this to me ... You promised!"

"Lynn ..." Harry had followed her, touching her shoulder, but she angryly shrugged him off; her grief was swapping into rage.

"You promised!", she screamed through her sobbs, letting her fist crush on his chest. "Come back, you git, you promised everything will be fine! You promised to meet me, when this is over!"

"Lynnea, don't ...", Mr Weasley whispered, grabbing her wrist, as her fist was about crash down on her fiance's lifeless body. "He's gone."

"HE IS NOT GONE!", Lynnea cried as loud as she could, squirming out of his grip. "He is not! He promised!" And again and again her fist hit his chest. "Come back, you fucking git, come back! I beg you - come back, Fred, I beg you -"

"No, let go of me, let me go back to him!", she screamed, as she was lifted off the ground; Bill had wrapped his arms around her waist and she was dangling in the air now, kicking around, struggling to get back to Fred ...

"Lynnea! Stop it!", Bill said in a certain voice, having a hard time to have a hold on me. "You can't do anything, he's d-"

"Don't dare to say this out loud, William Weasley!", Lynnea shrieked. She kept on struggling, but Bill wouldn't let go. After a while she gave up, hanging in his arms, unable to stop the tears from flooding her eyes, running down her face.

She stared at George, who stared back with bloodshot and empty eyes, his pain incomparable to anything in this world. He stretched out his hand and she took it, he pulled the girl in his arms, wrapping them around her, while she burried her face in his chest.

"I'm sorry, Lynnea", Mrs Weasley sobbed. "I'm so sorry ... You didn't even get the chance to get married ..."

"She's pregnant", Bill whispered, I heard Mrs Weasley gasp, and Lynnea jerked, as she remembered what she had to do now. Her child - Fred's child - would never be born. But at least the three of them would be reunited soon.

For a while she remained there in George's arms, not knowing whose pain was more devastating. But it was time now. She had to talk to Harry, this had to have an end. No one should have to die for Harry or herself any more. She looked around, but noticed he wasn't with us .

"Where is Harry?", Lynnea asked, letting go of George, but still having a hold on his hand, afraid to fall, if she would leave it.

"Don't know, wasn't he standing right next to me a second ago?", Ron said, looking around fiercely. "You don't think he's - hey, Lynn, wait!"

Again Lynnea was running, panic was again holding a tight grip around her throat. Ron didnt have to finish his guess, she exactly knew where Harry had been gone. She never had been running as fast in her entire life, as she did right now. She was storming out of the castle, flying over the ground, and straight into the Forbidden Forest. There she struggled. Lynnea came to a halt, looking around. It was dark and she barely could see anything. But suddenly a loud crack let her whirl around, raising her wand, pointing it into the darkness.

"Lower that thing", a familiar voice said, and to her own surprise she did, as he told her. Draco Malfoy's blonde hair was shining in the moonlight, as well as his pale skin.

"Draco ...", Lynnea whispered.

"You won't go and surrender, will you?", he asked in a quite voice. "He won't stop, if you and your brother will play the heroes."

"You can't understand this", she muttered, still frozen on spot.

"What? That you think this is best for everyone? That you want to join Weasley? That you're killing yourself to giving the Dark Lord your unborns?"

"How - how'd you know?"

"He knows about them, Lynnea", he replied. "He doesn't want you any longer, he wants them. He'll kill you the moment they will be born."

"What are you talking about? Them?", Lynnea asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It'll be twins, he said." She shivered. "He wants them."

He wanted them. And Lynnea realised, that he wanted them for the same reason, as he wanted herself the night he killed hers and Harry's parents. He wanted to raise them. Put his soul in them, turning them to the dark side.

"Well, he can forget about that", she said in a defiant voice. "I'm as good as dead. And so are them."

"Don't talk such crap, I know you're devastated by Weasley's death, but -"

"This has nothing to do with F-Fred!", Lynnea snapped, stumbling over his name, feeling again the cold grip around her heart. "This is no suicide commando. I have to die to end this war."

"He won't kill you", Draco said, his face a painful grimace. "Come with me. We can go into hiding together."

He stretched out his hand, desperately waiting for Lynnea to take it. She stared at him dazzled, but he was really serious. So she cracked a sad smile, walking over to him, taking his hand and lowering it.

"He can't be destroyed, as long as Harry and I live", she explained, her voice empty and toneless. "He put pieces of his soul into us. Harry has to kill me, before sacrificing himself. Then finally he'll be able to be defeated entirely."

Draco's eyes widened. He looked at Lynnea, broken. She never saw him like that, not even last year in the bathroom, when he broke down crying. He seemed to be beyond tears. He opened his mouth a few times, just to close it again. But finally he seemed to have found his voice back.

"You know, if there'd been no Weasley, I would have made you mine, Potter", he said with a stern look.

"Maybe you would", she replied, smiling, still holding his hand. "I have to go now, I need to find Harry, before it is too late." She squeezed his hand, before letting go of it, and he softly squeezed back. "Please, Draco, leave here, before they take up the fight once more. Don't get killed."

"I fucked up, huh?", he muttered, frowning.

"Not more or less than me", Lynnea said, before she turned around and made her way deeper into the forest, letting her feet drag her without knowing where to go.