Proposal rejected by parents

Present 
“Things were perfect back then, their relationship was perfect” they thought to themselves arecalled the past, they further thought “how did we come to this place? Why did he had to make her hate me?”
Past
It all started soon after they celebrated their 4th anniversary. Hussain recall the call she made while crying just a few days after the anniversary.
Anaya told him on the call that she wanted to meet him immediately. 
He wasted no time and met her as she was sounding tensed at a coffee shop, where she informed him about her parent’s decision of getting her married to a guy of their choice.

Hussain kept his calm at that moment and tried to console her by saying “just make some excuse and reject the guy.” She nodded her head and told “I can reject 1 or 2 guys but can’t reject them all. My parents will start having doubts, so it’s better we tell them about our relationship.” She further continued “My parents already know you as my best friend. They like you as a person as you are very smart and matured, I think my parents will agree to our marriage without a doubt.”
Hussain agreed to her, as that was the only solution they could think of at that point.
A week pasted, she had rejected the guy. Things were going smoothly. Anaya was waiting for the right time to tell her parents about him.
It was around noon, Anays gave him a call and said “I spoke about us to my mom. I told mom that I really like you and want to marry you.”
I asked “what did she say?”
,anaya  “my mom told she will talk to dad about us.”
The same day Anaya gave a call late in the night while crying.
Hussain  asked her “what is the matter? Why are you crying?”
She replied “my parents rejected you.”
Hussain was about to burst into tears but he controlled himself and asked “why did they reject me?”
She replied “my dad told you are not earning anything, your parents are poor, you are not of our religion and more over you have a chronic disease.”
He could not hold it any longer, he started crying.
Realising he was crying Anaya tried to console him, she told “I will reject every guy they show me, I will stop talking to my parents, I will try my best to convince them that, you are the perfect man for me.”
“Just remove the thought of me marring someone else, you know it very well that I cannot imagine a life without you, if I cannot marry you, I will kill myself.