Chapter 1 : Lost

*Hello ladies and gents and welcome to the first chapter of Silently Suffering : Book 1. If you've read the prologue then you'll know I was asking who should be the main character so I made a poll and Norway was the winner. Sadly I don't own Hetalia. So without further ado let's get into this, shall we?*

The sun shone brightly through the tree leaves, a nice cool breeze settling across the small village. "Tino! Tino!" A young boy around the age of 13 with dull violet eyes said pulling on a smaller teen's, who seemed roughly the same age, sleeve a bit of worry evident in his eyes. The other boy's 'mother instincts' (sorry, not sorry) kicked in, "Yes Lukas?" He questioned.

The boy looked back at the boy to meet his eyes. "I was asking some kids over there why there was a green thing poking its head out of the bushes and they turned around and said there was nothing there but it's still there, just staring. Can they not see it because we're nations and their human?" The taller of the two said pointing at a bush. Tino brought his eyes up to find this creature, hoping it wouldn't pose any threat to the town or the two, but when he looked at the bush he saw nothing.

"Norway I don't see anything either maybe you just imagined it or saw something else." Tino said. "But it's there! Its still staring!" The boy insisted. Pulling on the slightly shorter boys sleeve.

Tino looked at his friend in wonder of what was going on in his head and just decided it was best to drop the topic before it got out of hand. "Hey, Nor can we go back home it's starting to get dark. I know the last thing we want to do is be out during the dark." Tino suggested. He saw the boy shiver knowing there had been an uprising in illegal activities and trades lately. With a stiff nod he gave the bush one last look before starting the trek home.

But I really did see something...

~Timeskip~

It had been a few months since the first sighting of the wierd green man. During these months Norway started to see more of these creatures that others couldn't see.

He knew his friends and little brother were worrying for his health as they started to think he was delusional. He worried too all he wanted was for this all to end so everything could go back to the way it was. But unfortunately that was not the case.

Lukas was taking a stroll down the road having finished all his duties assigned to him for the day and was managing to catch the sun in its final moments. The air smelt calming as it had rained the previous night before, soft mud being squished under his boots. The sun had started to set and now would have been a wise time to turn back for home but the young pale blonde had been lost in thought.

Before he knew it the sun had set and the moon and stars had come to hold their place in the sky. When Lukas had finally snapped out of his thoughts he realized that he was in a place he didn't recognize. There was no path to guide him the way he was going or where he had come from.

Dread started to fill the boys stomach. He was hopelessly and terribly lost. Not only that but it had already gotten dark, but the illegal activity had not decreased in the slightest. Denmark and the others would definitely be worried. But a thought crossed his mind that made his heart rate speed up.

What if he never got out?

Knowing panicking wasn't going to solve the problem the Norwegian took a deep breath and quickly recovered his thoughts. He only had one option turn around and walk to where he had hoped he had come from.

He had been walking for about roughly 10 minutes and still could not tell where he was. On the outside he may be all calm and stoic, on the inside though he was going into full blown panic mode. A strong gust of wind blew in front of him, arms flying up to protect his eyes, almost causing the nation to fly backwards if he had not been able to keep his footing.

He slowly lowered his arms only to be
met with a girl with light curly brown hair and red eyes that seemed to glow. The girl wore a light, almost faded, pink dress that had a very fluffed up skirt.

"Are you lost?" Her voice called out almost angelic. Thoughts ran wild as so many red flags went off in his head. "Yes?" Lukas hesitated sounding uncertain of it himself. "If you would like I could show you the way back." She said standing in the same position she was in when she first appeared. How would she know where I want to go? Was she following me? "N-no I'm good I can find it back by myself." The blonde said trying to keep his voice even but failed.

"But you did just say you were lost didn't you?" The girl said taking a menacing step forward, her nice bubbly aura diminishing as fast as she had appeared. "So doesn't that mean you need help? You don't want to be lost do you?" She said slowly stalking forward.

"It's okay I don't mean to trouble you I'll just continue on my way." He said starting to take a step backwards with every step she took. Norway slowly reached for the dagger he kept in his boot so he'd be ready if she charged or attacked him. "This just won't do." She said giving a sickly sweet smile before pulling out a knife and charging at him. He quickly pulled out his dagger and took a swipe at her but she managed to dodge it.

Norway quickly scanned the area for her, getting into his attack stance. "What a shame." A voice said behind him. Before he could turn and defend him self he was kicked square in the back that sent him sprawling into a puddle of water. He quickly flipped himself over to be met with piercing red eyes.

The girl had him pinned down and he knew he had only one option. Struggle. He started to resist with all his might while adrenaline coursed through his veins. He managed to throw her off of him. Standing up as fast as he could, he saw her charging again.

He swung his blade at her and managed to hit her and tear her dress a bit. But that came with a price as she managed to stab his arm. He made some distance between them and looked to see what damage she had caused and what he had done to her. She had indeed stabbed him as blood gushed out of his wound. If he were a human he would die from blood loss any minute. The injury burning with every pulse.

He turned his attention away from his wound to see that he had managed to stab the girl in her side. Her dress was a bit torn up but something was different. She now had a cow tail that swung in a furious way. I remember reading about women with cow tails their called Huldra. They suck out the life of humans don't they? Dread swept over him. If she sucks the life out of me will I die? What about my people? He looked at the girl with new found fear evident in his once emotionless eyes.

She let out a cackle at his expression. "Ahh, it seems you've figured it out haven't you?" She said before appearing behind him and knocking him off his feet once more. Lukas started to slide backwards as best he could with his injured arm. "I was hoping we could do this the easy way." The Huldra said advancing toward the injured nation. "But I guess it wasn't meant to be."

To the side a snap sounded to the left of the poor blonde, but all his attention was on the women. I don't want to die, I don't want to die. Lukas closed his eyes in fear. He heard a twig snap now to his right. The lady grabbed his neck. "Open your eyes." She commanded squeezing harder. Slowly he opened his eyes to meet her red ones. "Good." She took her knife and slowly started to drag across his chest. Cutting cloth and flesh. It hurt.

Something green flashed across his vision and he felt the pressure on his neck leave as he fell to the ground, gasping as fresh air filled his now aching lungs. He heard the Huldra's screams of pain until it became quiet. He slowly lifted his head, his vision dancing. Only to be met face to face with something they made his heart rate speed up.

* and that ladies and gents is the first official chapter of Silently Suffering : Book 1. I feel happy to tell you that this is probably the longest chapter I have written so far for any of my books. Anyway I hope you all enjoy and I will see you next time, Bye*