Chapter 4 : Something Isn't Right

Hello ladies and gents and welcome to the 4th chapter of Silently Suffering : Book 1. I really do hope you all are enjoying this book so far because I love writing it, even though it usually goes over 1,500 for a chapter. Anyway let's get into this, shall we?*

Beep Beep Be-

I slam my hand down on the forsaken alarm clock. Not only did I manage to stop the insufferable beeping, but I managed to break it as well. "What? I thought I put-" I said opening my eyes sitting up only to stop short. This wasn't my room.

Light filtered around the decently sized room, and I see a door that led to a bathroom. "Right there was a meeting that is currently being held in Canada." I mumbled to myself as I looked back at the clock. "He's not going to be happy about that." I said before stretching and fetching my phone off the side table.

"9:01" I mumbled. Dread filled me not even a second after. "Oh No! the meeting starts in 9 minutes!" Tossing my phone on my bed before I started rummaging through my suitcase. I hastily throwing on my clothes, running into the bathroom and brushing my teeth. Before I ran out, grabbing my phone and bag with my laptop and notes.

I slung the bag over my shoulder before exiting the room, closing the door behind me. I heard it give a click to show it was locked before bolting down the stairs. "Darn it why isn't there a spell to reverse or stop time!" I let out a frustrated yell running through the entrance doors.

"9:08 I'm not going to make it in time," I sighed putting my phone in my pocket. "Unless." I said finally remembering a spell I could do. I looked around seeing no one around. "líða frá leggja við leggja, fararleyfi inn leggja ek standa, við fararleyfi." I chanted. I felt the ground under me disappear and felt as the world began to sway.

I closed my eyes and pictured the door in front of the meeting room. I opened them and there it was. I looked at my watch. '9:09' I sighed in relief. "Just in time." I slowly pushed the door open. I looked around and saw that everyone had arrived except a certain American, and Japanese man.

Everyone had turned to the door to see who had entered, but upon seeing me most turned to continue what they were doing. I scanned the room for the other Nordics and finally found them after a frantically waving Dane caught my eye.

I sighed before heading over to the group and taking my seat in between Denmark and Finland. "Hey Norge, you were almost late! Did you sleep in or something!" The nation teased my unusual tardiness. I fought to keep a blush off my face and I ended up reaching over and start to choke Denmark with his tie. Again.

"Alright we are going to begin the meeting! Is there anyone who is not present in this current time!" A loud voice boomed from the front of the room. "Ve~ Japan and America aren't here yet!" A certain bubbly Italian pointed out.

"Who cares about that git! He's always late anyway!" I heard England yell from his seat. I felt a bit bad for the American. Always getting the blame and hate from the other nations. "While I see where your coming from England it is very unusual for Japan to not be early to a meeting let alone late to a meeting." Germany said placing a hand on his chin.

"I swear they probably had a video game marathon or something aru." grumbled a certain Asian country. What is wrong with all these countries! I thought crossing my arms.

"But Japan never would do something so irresponsible like that! Ve~" Italy countered. "How about we call the hotel-" a quiet voice began but was cut if by a certain Russian. "Why don't we just call the hotel, da?"

"Good idea." The German said before grabbing his phone from his pocket and dialing the number, and placing it on speaker. "Hello~! This is Maple Leaf Suites! My name is Amelia, how may I help you today?" A women said cheerfully picking up.

"Yes, hello my name is Ludwig and I was wondering if my friends Honda Kiku and Alfred F. Jones were there?" He asked. "Hmm, hold on a second sir." She said, you could hear the typing if her keyboard in the background. "No sir, I haven't seen your friends. It seems they haven't even checked in yet." She replied. "Thanks for the help miss." He said before hanging up.

The room was in complete silence. They weren't even signed into their hotel rooms. "Maybe their flights were delayed?" Spain asked. "Maybe..." England said. "If that was the case they would have called us to say it had been delayed." I countered. In reality we all knew that something bad must have happened we just didn't want to admit it.

I closed my eyes as I scanned around the building for any extra, or suspicious auras. While I was doing though my magic somehow glitched and went black, I opened my eyes only to squint in confusion. "What's wrong Norge?" I heard Denmark ask me. "Something cut off my signal." I explained. I looked over at England, seeing him have the same look. Something just didn't feel right.

*and that ladies and gents is the 4th chapter of Silently Suffering : Book 1 and I hope you all enjoyed this boo as much as I enjoyed writing it. Anyway, I hope to see you all next time, Bye!*