Chapter 8 : I Need to Know

* hello ladies and gents and welcome to the 8th chapter of Silently Suffering: book 1. In the last chapter the nations were pulled into a bottomless pit by an unknown creature. I know I haven't updated in forever but I don't want to bore you, so let's get into this, Shall we?*

All I saw was a black void. I don't know how long I had been falling in that empty void, all I could really do was keep a hold on Romania's hand. I felt him grip back before I felt a body collide with mine. Startled at first I was about to push it away when I realized it was only my friend. He was shaking like a leaf. I pulled him close to me before everything went still.

Everything hurts. That was the first thought to come to mind. I felt a light pressure on my chest and tried to open my eyes to see what it was only to snap them shut, my eyes not adjusted to the light yet. When my eyes finally managed to adjust I opened them to see a head of strawberry blonde. Pain piled through my head and I brought a hand up to cradle it, only to touch something wet.

I was bleeding, shoot. I felt Romania start to stir, before he tried to blink away the sleepiness from his eyes. "Norway, what happened?" He said pushing himself off me into a sitting position. "I'm not sure." I said before groaning as I pushed my self up. "Dude are you okay, your bleeding really bad!"  The vampire said finally beginning to recognize his surroundings.

"It's fine," I said as I looked around to examine where we were. We seemed to be in something similar to a mid evil dungeon with all the stone work and bars. My attention was brought back to Romania when I heard a ripping sound. "Hold on this might feel weird." He said. I felt a slight wet pressure applied to my wound as it wiped away the blood.

Recognizing this item I scrunched up my nose in disgust but didn't complain. After all he needed blood to survive anyway. Waste not, what not. When I was sure the wound was clean of blood I felt him wrap a piece of fabric around it before securing it tightly. "Hopefully it'll hold up." He said, before sitting at my side." Thanks." I murmured.

When he finished he sat down in front of me while he took in his surroundings. "Nor where are we?" He asked still puzzled by his surroundings. "In not sure..." I said, trailing off. My eyes gravitated toward the end of his red coat which had a huge rip on it, probably being where the fabric came from.

I slowly stood on my feet, hoping not to get a headache in the process. "Only one way to find out." I said while he stood up to join me. I started to make my slow departure down the long hallway, hearing Romania start to move his feet as well. "Let's just hope we find a way out."

-time skip-

Romania and I had been walking for a good amount of time before we decided to take a break. This gave him a chance to check my injury as well. "It isn't swelling so that means it isn't infected." He said giving a sigh of relief before he rewrapped it. "You didn't get hurt did you?" I asked him the thought barely crossing my mind until now.

"No, no I'm fine. It seems you took the whole blow for the fall." He said before I let out a sigh. A loud bang sounded throughout the hallway, causing Romania and I to jump. "What the heck was that!?" He whispered before crouching down. "I don't know but it didn't sound good at all." I mumbled, closing my eyes and scanning for aura signatures.

There appeared to be two very faint pale auras a few meters away. Cutting off my vision I ducked down as well. "Someone is coming." I whispered before I started to stand and look for a place to hide. Catching on to what I was doing Romania started to search for a hiding place as well. "God where is a hiding spot when you need one!" He whisper shouted as he slammed his hands on the wall.

The wall creaked a bit before it flung out and pushed us in like one of those secret passages. "Well I wasn-" the vampire tried to say but I covered his mouth at the sound of voices. "I can't-a believe you knocked that-a armor over!" A harsh sounding voice hissed, "Now they will-a know we are coming coglione!" "Werr I'm sorry I can't do things to your riking." A harsh voice whispered back.

"Gosh, why-a are we even on the-a same team?" The voice said again, sounding more exasperated. "Werr I wasn't the one who picked teams." He said before heavy footsteps started again followed by another pair before they faded away. Letting out a sigh of relief I turned away from the wall to see where we were.

"Any clue where we are?" I asked. "Here give me a minute." He said before a series of clicks and chirps filled the area. "It appears to be a hidden tunnel system." He said absentmindedly. "Do you think they know about this place?" I dropped my voice a level in case they could here us.

"It seems very unlikely that they would as they just walked by it as if it didn't exist." He said. "Or they are just being lazy and thinking we wouldn't find it." I added. "More of a reason to get a move on." He said before he started down the darkened hallway.

I could barely see anything in front of me though Romania seemed to be just fine. "Hey Romania wait up!" I said trying to match his pace but my words seem to fall on deaf ears. I felt a cold gust of wind hit my back. That could not be good. I closed my eyes and scanned the second plane looking for any auras around us.

I sensed two auras behind us though they weren't the same ones from before. These ones were brighter. Beside the fact that there were two people behind us walking in our general direction something felt really off. "Romania there are two people on here." I whispered trying to grab his attention.

I reached forward and grabbed his sleeve giving a slight tug to grab his attention, but was once again met with nothing. "Romania come on this isn't funny." I said, my unease only growing. Still nothing. Something was wrong, something had to be wrong. I need to know what's wrong! I summoned some off my magic not caring if people were behind us, letting it illuminate the area.

I flipped him over to face me and when I met his eyes my spell vanished immediately, darkness once again engulfing the area. It didn't matter if the light was gone though. All I could remember was my friends face.

*and that ladies and gents is the 8th chapter of Silently Suffering: Book 1. I am so sorry this chapter came out as late as it did. And I hope I can update more frequently in the future. Thank you all so much for the support and I will see all of you next time, Bye!*