Chapter Twelve

It's been a while..

Also have any of you had the chance to see Dunkirk? Or have you listened to back to you?

Not proof read.
..

Louis stood at the foot of his bed, packing clothes into a suitcase.

Harry, had some type of fashion-premiere event to attend, and Louis was invited to tag along; being his personal assistant and everything.

"Papa, where're we going," asked a sleepy Jacob. The four year old had just awoken from his afternoon nap, only to see Louis putting clothes into a 'rectangle with wheels' as he called it.

"I'm going on a trip with Harry," he explained, putting his chargers and personal hygiene products into the suitcase as well.

Jacob's eyes widened, "Am I coming too?" His little self was excited beyond belief, only to have his heart broken by the news his father was about to tell him.

"Sorry, bubs, it's something for Harry's work and it'll be too chaotic to bring you with me." Jacob gave him a small pout, making his dad chuckle and ruffle his hair.

Louis finished packing up the rest of his things on his list, and put his suitcase in the corner of the room for tomorrow. He motioned for Jacob to follow him out of the room - which the he did so happily.

"Listen, since you won't be able to come with me, I've arranged for your babysitter to stay with you," Louis added.

He was always a bit hesitant when Jacob had to stay with a babysitter, especially with stories he's heard on the news. However, sometimes in a situation it just had to be done.

Plus, Jacob always made sure that Louis was acknowledged about what happened when he was gone.

"Where's Harry," the four year old questioned. He hadn't seen the curly-headed man all day.

Louis smiled, "he's at a few last minute meetings, love." Jacob seemed like he wanted to reply back, yet decided against it. "Come cuddle with me please, I'll be leaving whilst you're asleep."

So the four year old did so, climbing on top of Louis' bed and laying next to said man.

"I'm going to miss you so much, bubs," added Louis. He was only leaving for four days; however, for him, it just felt like too many.

"I'll miss you too, papa."

..

The time was now 1:30 am, and Louis was getting ready to leave for the airport. Catherine, the babysitter, had arrived twenty minutes ago, and was going over a few key-things about Jacob, with Louis.

"Under any circumstances whatsoever, you mustn't give him anything with peanuts as he's highly allergic," he repeated for like the fifth time, but it wasn't his fault for worrying about his son; it was natural instincts as his dad.

Catherine placed a reassuring hand in Louis' shoulder. "Louis, I understand, but please trust me when I tell you that Jacob will be in good hands." The addressed man nodded in response, "okay, sorry, it's just natural for me to worry so much."

After a few more topics were discussed, Louis crept into Jacob's room and gave the sleeping four-year-old a kiss goodbye on his head.

He said his farewells to Catherine and walk out the front door, towards the car the Harry had sent for him; despite his protests.

The ride to the airport was rather fast, and surprisingly there was no traffic at all; then again, it was after midnight.

Once he arrived at his designated destination, an older man - who Louis assumed was apart of Harry's team - opened his door, and lead him into the busy airport.

"Mr. Styles is already waiting by the gate," he announced, and by the tone of his voice he sounded slightly irritated.

"Ah, okay. Sorry it took me so long to get here, I was explaining everything about my son to his new babysitter. This is really the first time I left him, and-" Louis began to ramble. However; the glare from the other man stopped him from continuing any further.

After their mini hassle of getting through airport security, they met up with Harry and the rest of his management team, the said man looked excited as ever to see Louis; yet he couldn't let anyone know that.

"Hey Lou," he greeted, pulling the younger lad in for a quick embrace. Louis waved shyly and blushed.

"Mr. Styles, Mr. Tomlinson," a monotone female voice cut in. "We need to be going if we want to make it to the event on time." Harry rolled his eyes at the woman, but grabbed Louis' hand and dragged him towards the flight gate.

"I can't stand them," Harry muttered when he was out of ear-shot from his management. Louis giggled, "Why not?"

"They're just so controlling about everything, and it's absolutely infuriating." Louis frowned at his statement. He would never wish to be in the type of position that Harry was in.

Little did either of them know, that something massive would happen within the next twenty-four hours.

..
Here's a hint for the "massive" thing that's about to happen: 🌚🌚

A.