Chapter Twenty-Nine

Thank you so much for 50k reads! ❤️

After this chapter there'll be no further updates until 2018. I am taking a personal hiatus for a bit.

However, if I don't talk to you guys before then, I hope you have a safe, healthy and happy new year, and Happy Holidays to those who celebrate.

Love you all.

(Not proof read)

..

Each day that went by was a blessing for Jellybean. Her tiny body fought on for life with all its strength.

Louis was released a week after giving birth to her, he had a minor infection with his c-section incision.
It started when Harry noticed his lover had developed a fever. The two were cuddling when Harry realized Louis felt warmer

Essentially, he had called for the nurse and explained what happened, causing her to take Louis' temperature and panic once it had registered.

102.5° (Fahrenheit)

She eventually paged the on-call doctor who diagnosed Louis with the infection, and decided he needed to stay an extra three days for precautionary measures.

Harry had taken the time to spend an equal amount of time with baby and Louis. He was able to keep Louis updated on their baby's progress.

On Tuesday afternoon Harry's mother had made a visit to the hospital. She and Louis had met a few brief times before, mostly at a few fashion events of Harry's.

But now back to present day: Louis' discharge from the hospital.

"Babe, let me at least try and help," Louis reasoned, attempting to reach out for an item and put it in his lap.

"No," Harry denied. "You heard the doctors. You're not allowed to lift or carry things 10 pounds or more."

"Well, yes, that's true. But I'll be sitting in a wheelchair."

After much thought about it Harry reluctantly agreed, and placed the lightest bag (the basket of get-well gifts) on Louis' lap, assuring the younger lad to tell him if it became too much.

From there they made their way downstairs to the main lobby, where their car was waiting for them - courtesy of the hospital valet.

"Easy baby," Harry whispered when Louis began to get out of the wheelchair and into the passenger seat of the SUV. The younger of the two closed his eyes and took a deep breath, with a slight tremble in his lips.

Once everything was carefully placed in the car and Harry was back in the drivers seat, the car readjusted to his preference, he thanked the valet driver and proceeded to pull out of the hospital entryway.

No sooner then two feet away from the hospital and Louis broke into a fit of sobs.

"This isn't right, Harry. We shouldn't be leaving our child at the hospital while we get to return home. It just isn't fair!"

Luckily Harry had pulled over to console his lover. "Trust me, baby, I know it isn't right or fair. But you and I both know that she's too weak to go home at the moment.

She needs to be in the hospital to get her strength and gain more weight. She's already gained two more pounds so she's getting there."

No more words were said after that, thus allowing Harry to pull onto the road again and began the journey to their house.

When they arrived back to the house, it too proved to be an emotional struggle for Louis - especially when he passed the nursery.

Harry had tried his best to comfort Louis in every way possible, but ultimately, all Louis truly wanted was for their baby to be home; healthy, happy and safe.

"Here baby," whispered Harry, passing a mug of Yorkshire tea to Louis.

"Thanks love," Louis added. It had just passed the ten minute mark since his breakdown and was a tad better now, much more calmed down.

A warm, fuzzy blanket - with the colors blue and green - was placed over him as Harry began to cuddle him.
The crackle of the fireplace and their breathing being the only sound that was heard.

"I love you, boo, and I promise that things will get better. It may take some time but it will all fall into place eventually.

..

Not too sure about this one. But I wanted to put something up for you guys.

Again, I hope you all have a healthy and happy new year.

See you in 2018!

Love to all,
A.