05

Chapter 05 | Unexpected Meeting

Real love doesn't meet at your best. It meets you in your mess.

- J.S.Park

***

The sound of the group of guys pushing the car through their strike makes me shake my head. I realized that I have been in the parking lot. I continued through the asphalt streets that I stepped along the road. My step stops looking at the white board which is written Student Parking. I kept walking until I finally saw a figure that was waiting for someone in front of the dark blue car door. He has the black curly hair with maroon striped crew neck t-shirt, straight denim jeans and black Converse Street mid sneakers. The figure uses the same outfit as Peter used.

He leaned against the car door. He just looked down while putting the hands on his chest. I know what he thinks. That is me. I feel the burden of other people's minds. I am truly sorry, Peter. I start walking towards him till making him look at me. He gives me a thin smile drawn from his lips. I know it is a coercive smile. His gaze shows such sadness making me unable to hold back tears. I just smile with compulsion as he watches me like that. Then he opens the car door for me. When I use the seat belt, he starts turning on the car engine then drives to go home.

***

For a few hours after arriving home, I just lay in bed thinking about what had happened all day. Given the ride, Peter and I fell silent to each other. Not a word is spoken from our mouths. He was only busy shuffling songs from the music player, while I was busy looking at the way through the windshield. Hufft... Why does it feel awkward among us? We often speak as we like. Otherwise, now, it showed the opposite. What is wrong with us? Not only that, worse yet, I keep remembering the things I heard on Mrs. Romano's door.

What exactly are they hiding? Chris? What is that got to do with Chris? What is their relationship for real?

With hugging a pink feather pillow, weird questions keep poisoning my brain to make me breathe heavily. Suddenly the sound of the door push interrupted the daydreaming.

"Paris," Daddy calls, turning on the light of the bedroom.

My whole body was shocked to hear the owner of the voice. Immediately, I closed my eyes while covering my body with a Tosca blanket so Daddy knows I am asleep. I know this behavior is not good. However, right now, I just want to spend my own time. Besides, I also want to rest in this soft bed. This is because my body feels tired also achy at the same time from the wounds which the blonde devil had inscribed.

Daddy calls me while wiping my head, "Wake up, honey."

Otherwise, I am still in the same position with keeping off away my back from Daddy.

"Let's go dinner," He woke me with a cheerful tone.

Then I reply in short, "I'm not hungry."

Dragging Tosca's quilt with my left hand, Daddy pulls me with his strong arm. I had to get out of bed. With irritated, I sat with my eyes closed, snorting with annoyance, "Dad. I'm not hungry. I wanna go back sleeping."

"Paris," Dad keeps calling me, but this time with a different tone than before.

Hearing the different tones spoken from Daddy's mouth, in amazement I had to open both eyes while staring at Daddy who was now in front of me. The facial expression of seriousness emanating from his face now confused me.

Daddy asks with a straight face as he watches my face closely, "What the heck did happen to your forehead?"

I am completely speechless. Not only from the mouth, whereas all my soul is silent to hear the question. Oh, god. How about this? What should I say? I cannot possibly say if I have bullied at school. Daddy would be very mad knowing this.