06

Chapter 06 | Crazy Little Thing Called Flirting

Be careful with that look you give, it steals heart beats

- R. Zatko

The roar of the BEEP car's voice thrashes out the steps I am going to take through the venues of Venice Beach. Nearly for 12 minutes, I walked past the beach on foot. The scorching heat of the sun that radiates its light all over the body makes my body overheat.

I curse today is the worst day of my life. First, I lost muted yellow vintage bicycle which was the favorite bike that I have ever had. Second, the fat bastard had stolen it. Third, I have to hold this fucking guitar. Fourth, I had to walk to the unexpected parking lot before. Fifth, my legs are sore. And lastly, why did not Peter have picked me up yet? Doesn't he know my feet feel like they are coming out of the body?

I keep holding on to this fucking guitar as I walk with unbearable steps again. Sweat continues to flow towards the forehead then to the neck. Why is my fate like this? I grimaced inwardly to the incident that had already crushed my mood.

Suddenly the BEEP voice of the car that had been in the back kept disturbing my hearing. Disgusted, I turn to pay attention to the car. I vituperate the driver, "If you want to move forward, just go ahead. Don't make a noise in broad daylight."

I scold him pointing at the windshield. However, the driver is not also willing to understand. He keeps giving the honking to me. Quickly, I walk away from the car. One more annoying thing came.

The more I run, the more he plays the accelerator toward me. Who is this insane driver? Why is he chasing me? Oh, God. When did my bad luck end?

I try to walk quickly to make my breath panting. As he is a little farther from my gaze, I lean over and sigh. Suddenly my sling bag trembled. I glance at the bag until it finally reveals the intention for me to examine it. Apparently, my iPhone is now ringing. I reach the cell phone so I see who is calling me. Unexpectedly the person I was waiting for finally called, Peter. I pick up his call then put it to the ear.

I shout at him, "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? I've been waiting for almost 12 minutes. In fact, I've walked from the beach to the parking lot. There is even a mad driver who is chasing me now.

"I'm behind you."

"Behind me? Don't make a joke in a situation like this, Peter. I am tired. If you were behind me you would have approached me."

"How can I come if you keep away?"

"Huh?"

"The mad driver you mentioned was me, dork."

I got the answer. Instantly I would reply, I turn toward the dark blue car. It turns out that the figure is the guy I know. None other than Peter. Was I the one who had acted foolishly since then? Seeing his figure, I run to him.

"Why didn't you tell me when you got here?" I scold him with the sharp, dull face that appears from my face.

He looks at the confused face. By putting his left hand in the pocket also pointing to the road I passed, he tells me, "How can I tell if you keep running like that?"

I snort in dismay as I hear his protest. It sucks. I remain in the same position standing like a fool with a fucking guitar belonging to the fat guy. As Peter began to walk toward the car door before he finally noticed my movements that had not yet walked towards the car door. Furrowing his forehead and holding the car door he holds, he tells me to point to the right car door, "Come on. Hurry in."