08

Chapter 08 | There She Goes

She has little innocent demons inside her eye, and they recklessly play with matches --- I've never seen the sparks so pretty

- n.

I recommend you guys read this chapter with a strain of song from Paramore - The Only Exception. Feel the intent of the chapter this time. Happy reading  :)

***

Lucas Kagan's POV

"STOP GRASPING HER!"

The guy's shriek shrill into the air makes every eye staring at him in disbelief. I'm grasping her hand – the new girl who I think is filled with the mystery.

Actually, it's not just me who thinks like that. Lately, more precisely, every time I passed a crowd that was flooding the cafeteria, I heard people talking about this girl. I mean, what is special about this light brown hair girl? Not only have those, the basketball players in school who are on the same team with me even often talked about her.

Sometimes they talk about her coldness. The other times, they mock her rigidity. In odd moments, surprisingly, they chew over interesting things from her lips.

Their conversation keeps ringing in my ears. Who is the girl next to me actually? I just shake my head as if to awaken me from the daydreams of the past.

Unconsciously, the buttonhole of the dark-haired guy adorned with green eyes is clenching his arms standing some distance from my presence. From a distance, I can see for sure if he is in a rage of anger. However, the figure confuses me at the same time. The one I realized he comes closer to me.

"Chris?" Sarah asks confused as she holds her chin with one hand.

"Hey, Chris," says Samantha, Fiona, and Madison greet him at the same time.

"CHRIS, BRO. What's..."

I stand tall without removing my grasp from Martin. Without turning to the girls who greet him, he keeps his hands clenching straight in my direction. I know something wrong happens.

"STOP GRASPING HER, KAGAN," he shouts as he gives the big green eyes toward me.

My head seems to stumble at the door when hearing his yell that shows to contain the threat. I have been thinking, so the thing that makes him rage is just because of this grip? This makes me curious a lot more.

"Settle down, Harris. I just want to get acquainted with her," I reply laughing lightly at him to calm him down without listening to his barking as if a dog losing his bones for lunch.

His emotions are mounting. It is clearly visible from his eyebrows that rise to the top. I know how Chris is in rage. By pointing to the girl, he yells at me, "By grasping her hand tight as that? You hurt her. "

I just realize that I am still holding this innocent. She does not say a word or gives any comment. She just holds back her pain cause of my grasp without scolding me like girls in general.

However, as great as a person can endure the pain, the person will not be able to continue to hide the pain she endures. It is clearly visible from the look of the face and the gaze of hazel eyes of this mystery girl.

"Did I hurt you?" I ask worried as I lean closer to her.

The girl just shakes her head. I know she is lying. In fact, I think she is very bad when lying. Seeing us staring at a distance not so far away, Chris immediately shouts to my thunder. Is my eardrum all right? I have to endure the pain by closing my eyes because of this guy - the brutal temperamental one.