117

Last year, a teenage werewolf that was newly bitten ignored advice telling him to stay away from a lacrosse game. Little did he know that he wasn't the first to make that kind of decision.

Derek Hale, a born werewolf, had quite a lot of trouble keeping himself under control during the night of a full moon during his teenage years. One basketball game just happened to be on a night of the full moon and he ignored his mother and his uncle and sneaked off to play. It didn't take long for his uncle Peter Hale to notice that he was missing. He went to the school where he spotted Derek alone in the locker room, trying to keep himself together with the aid of a cold shower running down on him. As he stepped inside, Derek growled at him and flashed his fangs and beta blue eyes. Peter moved to turn off the water and grabbed him.

"I thought, I thought I could control it," Derek quickly said in his defense.

Peter however was unsympathetic to his excuses. "All this risk, and for a basketball game."

"It's the finals. They need me," Derek said before he ducked under him and tried to make his way to catch up with the team.

"To do what?" Peter called after him. "Rip someone's throat out on the court." His eyes followed Derek as he slumped against the lockers and started to crotch on the floor. "Even born wolves have to learn control on the full moon."

"Well it's supposed to be easier for us, why does it hurt like this?!" Derek spat out painfully.

Peter huffed out in aggravation. "Did you bring it?"

Derek shook his head. "It's not working."

"Did you bring it?" Peter repeated. Derek was breathing a little heavily but he reached into his pocket and took out a circular metal disk. The one that was branded with their family's symbol of a triskele. Peter nodded. "Go ahead."

Derek looked at it for a moment before he shook his head. "I told you, it's not working."

"Do it!" Peter snapped at him.

Derek looked at the medallion. "Alpha, Beta, Omega," he muttered.

"Again," Peter ordered.

Derek's grip on the triskele grew harder. "Alpha, Beta, Omega. Alpha, Beta, Omega," he chanted out painfully.

"Again," repeated Peter.

Derek started to repeat the chant, faster and harder with each sequence. His blue eyes flared up and his fangs set in as his wolf started to come to the surface. But Derek kept himself from lashing out as he stayed in place on the floor.

_____________

In a small gas station, the clerk noticed a car pull up to the pumps but after ten minutes, there was no sign of movement and no one had come inside the store. He went outside and saw that the car's blinkers were on and front door was open but no one was around. He then heard a noise around back and walked over to find that it was coming from the bathroom. The sounds were unusual. They seemed to be a cross of groaning, scratching and...some kind of screech.

"Hey, you okay in there?" he asked knocking on the door. He then put his ear to the door and he could swear that he was starting to hear some growling. Animal like growling. Then there was some crying. A woman's crying. "Hey, you alright?" he asked again. "What's going on in there?'

Inside the bathroom, Kate Argent was grasping the sink as she stared at her rain soaked face. She felt as if there were pins and needles turning in her insides. She was trying hard to fight to impulse to just outright growl. "Just a second," she spat to the door.

But the store clerk just kept hitting the door. "Hey," he said impatiently.

"I'll be out in a minute!" she spat. But when she looked back down at her hands, she saw that there were claws on them and the impulse to growl and go wild was getting stronger. The more she tried to resist then the more she felt in pain.