The Benefactor part 2

Stiles pulled his jeep up to the house and waited for Scott to climb inside. Scott could already feel the full moon's effects and it wasn't even at its highest point yet. He looked over at Stiles and saw he seemed relatively at ease. His brow was narrowed a bit in concentration but other than that, he seemed calm. Stiles himself saw that Scott looked little worse for wear though he seemed stiff after he closed the door behind him.

"You okay?" Stiles asked him as Scott settled in the seat

"Yeah," he huffed out. "You?"

Stiles nodded his head. "Yeah." He then went and started to drive them off to pick up Malia. As he was driving Stiles looked over to see that Scott was staring off. "Scott, it'll be okay. It's not like this will be the first time we help someone during their first full moon."

Scott let a deep breath out. "It's different this time."

"Because you're the one that turned him?" Scott shrunk a bit more into himself. Stiles' face softened a bit.

Scott shook his head as he kept his gaze out at the passing houses, not really looking at anything. "I still can't believe I actually did that. Turned someone."

"Well Scott, what were you supposed to do? Let Liam fall to his death?"

"I could've found some other way to save him. He was right. The only reason he was even there was because I broke his ankle and sent him to the hospital."

"Scott...you can't be too hard on yourself. Besides, you had to know this was eventually going to happen, right?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, you're an Alpha," he reminded him. "Alphas make their own packs, you know that."

"I already have," he argued softly.

But Stiles shook his head. "Not really Scott. I mean, me, Lydia, Malia, Kira, we all just kind of came to you ourselves. We volunteered. You never recruited us. I don't think the alpha in you felt it was official until you made one for yourself. One to take in from the ground up."

"Yeah, well with Liam, I don't think I'm off to a great start."

"Maybe that's because you were taking leaves out of Peter and Derek's books." Stiles then gave Scott a condescending look. "Catching Liam's attention and then pulling a disappearing act, that was pure Peter and we know how his reign as Alpha turned out. And that whole 'The Bite is a gift' and 'We're brothers now', Derek tried that and it didn't exactly make you trust and come running to him for help as soon as he said that to you." 

"Then what I am supposed to do?"

Stiles shrugged. "Hey, you're the Alpha, you tell me what you're going to do."

Scott let his head roll helplessly against the window as they drove on.

____________

Kira pulled her car up to Liam's place to pick him up. As Kira drove, she had the radio on with at a pretty low standard volume so she could try to speak to Liam.

"We're almost at Lydia Martin's lake house. Well, actually it's her grandmother's lake house but she's dead so it's okay." Her eyes then widened. "I mean it's not okay that she's dead. Unless she was in pain," she finished with a smile.

But Liam hardly paying much attention to what Kira was saying. He was shrinking and cringing as he felt that the music was blasting out at a near deafening volume. He went to try and muffle the sound in his left ear. "Can you turn the music down?" he said a little loudly.

Kira gave a look at the radio and saw that it was already pretty down so she thought she must've heard wrong. "You want me to turn the music up?"

Liam then blinked and the music's volume dropped suddenly before Kira could even touch it. What had that been about? Suddenly, he had flashes of his confrontation with Scott and Stiles earlier that day. Trying to warn him. But he tried to blink it all away when his phone buzzed. He went and saw that Mason had sent him a text, asking where he was. He then started to type his response. "Uh, who did you say was coming to this party?" he asked.