Time of Death part 2

Stiles was calmly watching the security monitors with Liam and Kira.

"How much time do we have left?" Liam asked as he nibbled nervously at one of his knuckles.

Stiles looked at his watch to see that there was less than twenty minutes left on the clock. "Not a lot," he told him. "If the Benefactor is going to show up, then it should be any minute now." His nose twitched when he felt a wave of fresh anxiety pour out of Kira. He knew what was bothering her. "Hey," he said lightly to her. "Don't worry. He'll be fine."

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Yeah," she said as she breathed out and opened her eyes back up.

Kira looked over and gave him a soft look which Stiles returned with a soft smile. He then looked over back at the screens and saw that one of them began to get fuzzy.

"Is that supposed to look like that?" Liam asked him.

Stiles felt his nerves light up. "No, no it's not."

"Where is that?" Kira asked him.

"That's the roof. Someone's going to have to go check it out."

Kira pulled back. "I'll go."

"Whoa," Stiles said stopping her. "This might not just be a malfunction."

She then held out her sheathed sword. "I'll bring this."

"Okay. But, make sure you come right back," he told her sternly. "Remember, you still have to wake Scott up."

She nodded. "I know." She then moved to head to the roof.

Liam jumped. "I'm coming with you."

"Liam," Stiles said to him sternly.

Liam found himself stopping mid-step. "I got this," he said resolutely.

Stiles sighed but nodded. "Alright," he said and Liam eagerly took off to catch up with Kira. "But you're coming back here, both of you. Immediately!" he called out after them. Stiles then let himself sigh and shake his head with a tired grin on his face. "Ahh, kids," he sighed fondly.

 "Ahh, kids," he sighed fondly

____________

Lydia was at the boathouse, looking through everything for some kind of lead. Ever since she realized that Meredith had been here at the lake house, she had started searching it from top to bottom for something to explain why. As she started going through the shelves, she heard something behind her. She feared that it was an assassin coming to kill her and went to grab an oar she saw was lying next to her. She then quickly spun around, to swing at her attacker.

But, it wasn't an assassin. It was her mother.

"Oh God!" her mother shrieked as she jumped back and tried to shield herself.

"Mom," Lydia gasped out. "What are you doing?"

"What are you doing?" she asked back.

Lydia sighed and went to put the oar down. "Nothing." But then she narrowed her eyes. "How did you know I was here? Did you follow me?"