Muted part 2

There were quite a few people who turned up to watch the lacrosse tryouts. Among them was Malia who wanted to watch Stiles before they headed off to his house later. She was then joined by Kira who went and grabbed one of the lacrosse sticks lying close by. On the field, the players were all running a few laps while Coach was giving them condescending words as they each passed him. Scott and Stiles were running together, in step with the rest of the team. The two of them had decided that they should try and play without using any of their powers to try and not be at an unfair advantage and be a level playing field with everyone else. Scott looked over at the bleachers and held his hand out to stop Stiles.

"Hey look," he said pointing out at them with his chin.

Stiles looked over and saw Malia and Kira sitting together, watching them. He gave them a bright smile and waved over at them. They waved back and Kira had a big teethy smile which made a small grin creep up on Scott's face and he gave a small wave himself.

Stiles leaned in a bit to him but had his eyes still on the girls. "Kira came to watch you at tryouts and she's smiling at you. Who knows, maybe she got turned on by your quick grandma kiss," he joked.

Scott sucked on his teeth and pushed at Stiles' shoulder in slight annoyance but still kept his eyes on Kira. He was thankful that Kira couldn't hear them from there. Scott and Stiles were both so stuck on their gazes at the girls that they jumped when a hard whistle was blown at them.

"McCall! Stilinski! Flirt on your own time, not on practice time! Now you practice so try to practice running," he said before blowing hard on his whistle again. "Move, move!" he said blowing the whistle after every word. The two of them quickly started running again with Coach blowing short whistle bursts after them.

Over in the bleachers, Kira started to spin the net in her fingers as Scott and Stiles resumed their running. She started to begin nervously picking at the netting on the stick while Malia tried to go back to her notes. Malia's nose started twitching as Kira kept her attention intently on the lacrosse stick.

"What's wrong with you?" Malia suddenly asked her.

Kira's eyes nearly popped out of her skull. "Me? Nothing," she said quickly.

Malia just gave her a look. "You reek of anxiety, and it's distracting. What's going on?"

Kira sighed in defeat. "Scott and I sort of had this thing happen but it wasn't much of a thing and now I'm starting to think it never was a thing, at all," she finished glumly.

Malia shook her head. "What do you want it to be?"

"More." She then went and rested her chin on the stick dejectedly as she moved her eyes back to the field.

When the players stopped running, they all scattered about. Some of them just sat in the grass while others just stood in place. Scott was stretching his arms out while Stiles just jumping in place to loosen himself up though his eyes were focused on Liam, who was doing pushups.

Stiles then stopped his jumping and leaned in close to Scott. "He's not even breathing hard. Now I'm really starting to think he can't be human."

"Or he could really be just that good." Scott moved to stretch out his right arm. "He's not a werewolf Stiles. I mean we would've caught a scent. Remember when we found Isaac when he came to practice after Derek bit him?"

Stiles shook his head. "Yeah but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Remember how it was when we had to hunt for the Alpha? And besides, he doesn't have to be a werewolf. Any shapeshifter could do. He could be like...a werecheetah or something."