That's my bot!

I absolutely love Steven Universe and Lapidot. Because I can totally see Lapis getting character development and Peridot getting to form a great relationship with her. Oh just so you know, Lapis is my absolute favourite character. Just to note, the two are dorm mates and so are the other ships.

ALSO, I have no ideas about how dorms work but I'll try and figure it out.

OoOoO

"Screwing this last bit on should be a piece of cake, then my amazing bot will be completed. Peridot, you are amazing." A voice spoke through the room. Peridot Diamond was a nerd, a nerd for robots and aliens.  She loved to make the small mechanical beings from scratch and borrow parts from old consoles and funded material in her secluded dorm. She hadn't got a room mate for the start of her year, as at the end of freshman she decided she would move out from the 'comfort' of Jasper and live alone. She chuckled as she saw that the robot functioned in good condition, it moved and didn't sound like any parts were loose. The blonde pulled out her phone and then dialled a number, you see, her genius programming skills were recognised by a business owner of mechanics. This intelligent 17 year old sold her robots to this business who would pay her for more prototypes of her robots. Selling for around 50,000 to 100,000 depending on the type it was. Simple moving droid would be easy for her to make but completely complicated for a normal person to even start on. Floating droids were more, then various droids until she got onto making prosthetic items which worked pretty well, two years ago she has designed and created a prosthetic arm for her dog, Pumpkin. All in all, she was a very skilled girl.

A voice was heard on the other end of the phone, "Hello? Quartz Mechanics, may I help you?" A female voice spoke, Peridot grinned before replying, "Hello, I would like to speak with Bismuth, for the new prototype of my robot." A beep was heard on the other line, then a loud and lively voice came through. "Peridot! Is that new floating droid ready for pick up?" Bismuth laughed into the phone, Peridot smiled at her attitude, "Yeah, of course it is Bismuth! When you gonna pick it up?" She asked, checking the time. 4:26 PM. She hoped that someone could come before at least 6, she was meant to go out with her friends Amethyst and Pearl for a party hosted by Garnet. She was relieved that Bismuth had picked an efficient time for them both, "How does 15 minutes sound? I'll tell Jamie to pick it up from your dorm. Listen Peridot, nice doin' Bismuth with ya. But I gotta meeting to get to, see ya!" Before Peridot could say bye, the phone was cut off and the call was ended. She didn't mind though, she knew Bismuth got it rough schedule wise so it was cool with her.

She glanced at the door, she had noticed the space underneath was inhabited by a shadow, she stood up and fixed her glasses. "Hey. Anyone in there at all?" Came a voice from the other side. Peridot was startled by the sudden voice but her hand went to open the door, a gap was made and the door swung open, forcing Peridot to fall and have something land on top of her. The robot creator groaned and glared at the person who did that, although it didn't last that long. The blue ocean eyes is what made her forget that she was actually angry at this girl. They were bright and starry. They were bright and pretty. They looked... They looked. Nice.

"Dude what the heck? You just gonna stare at me? Get off my stuff." The new girl spoke with a harsh tone. Peridot snapped out of her confused trance and literally jumped to her bed, replaying the scene of what just happened. The blue haired girl who just came in was on her knees, picking up what seemed to be her possessions. The possessions that knocked the blonde over.

"Hey, you need help?" Asked Peridot, in turn, the blue haired girl glared and muttered a no before picking up her last piece and shoving the whole thing on her bed. Peridot shivered at the force she used and the atmosphere that appeared. Knock knock! The door was once again knocked on and Peridot checked the time, 4:50. She grinned and lifted the robot from her desk and made her way to the door, leaving the blue haired girl to sort out her items and get comfortable. Jamie was standing in the doorway with a piece of paper in his hand and a light grin. "Hello again, Peridorito. How you been doing?" The former mailman asked. Peridot really hated that nickname, but Jamie was seen as a close friend so she let it slide for him. She shrugged and handed the object to the boy in front of her. A small thud was heard behind Peridot, it seemed the girl was messing around with something and she dropped her water bottle. He then handed the paper and he asked, "Huh? Who's that, I thought you didn't have a room mate?" Jamie asked, Peridot shrugged once again. "I thought I didn't either. I actually haven't seen her since 2 minutes ago."

"Then how come you know she's your room mate?" Jamie asked with a hint of curiosity. "Jamie, she's unpacking in the room. It's pretty obvious, now, get out of here. I've heard that your favourite drama series has a new season and it's is in stores." Peridot said, Jamie's eyes shone like stars, his face in utter woe and he nodded. "Oh yes! Thank you Peridorito. Now I must take my leave and get into line! Farewell!!" He said, skipping off and Peridot closed the door, shoving the check into her pockets. She glanced to the girl in front of her, the blue haired girl payed no attention to the scene around her and instead was laying in bed with her headphones in. Peridot knew that headphones meant she shouldn't try to talk to her, but she could at least get her name. Peridot was going to speak until that very question was answered, "I'm Lapis. You're Peridot. I know. I'm your new room mate." The girl called Lapis replied. Peridot looked in shock but smiled at Lapis. Lapis looked at the smiling girl and couldn't help but blush very slightly. She averted her gaze to her room mates side of the room; various alien decorated things, Camp Pining Heart posters and a sign that said 'I have a capacity for friendship!' That was what made Lapis smile inside most.

Sup! I'm getting more and more into Steven Universe since the SDCC previews, can't wait! And don't worry, Pearlmethyst and Rupphire will come in later, is just that Lapidot is the main ship in this. Till next time,

Katsu