Chapter 9

Masato was many things.

He was an idol, an heir, an actor, a pianist. He was a good grandson and a caring brother. He served to be one of the voices of reason in Starish, and he was also Ren's good friend regardless of their occasional banters. Ah yes – the blue-haired male was many things and his humbled attitude earned him the respect and admiration from others.

Today, Masato became another thing: a cleverly disguised regular citizen who was out in town under the mercy of so-called "friends." Said "friends" were Ren and Reiji (who took the body of Ranmaru) and the two wore a...flashier get-up. They weren't as cleverly disguised even though it was idol protocol to do so when they went out in public. The two didn't seem to care and strutted down the street with the pianist in the middle.

Needless to say, Masato was suffering and he heavily contemplated on his choices.

"Was it really necessary for you to dress like that?" The pianist asked for what seemed like the eighth time.

"Nobody knows who we are so it's fine. Rei-chan was the one who suggested it anyway." Ren replied in a nonchalant manner.

Masato sighed. The goofy senior was having too much fun doing un-Ranmaru things including the rocker's way of dressing and of fucking course Ren joined the bandwagon of the Questionable Attire Alliance. Reiji was wearing a bright orange jacket that was a tad too poofy for a nice day, a pair of brown jogger pants, a fuzzy neon green beanie which hid silver hair, and a pair of round opaque sunglasses. Overall, the eldest looked like a walking carrot with glasses.

Ren wasn't any better – the flirt was wearing a pink Hawaiian shirt with yellow floral prints, baggy jersey shorts, white knee-high socks, and brown sandals. His orange hair had been tied into a messy man bun and he had his identity hidden with a pair of silver aviators. Masato wasn't sure what the other's ridiculous get-up was supposed to be; perhaps an 'I-took-whatever-I-can-get' theme.

"It's hard to not notice the both of you." Masato said. Sure their outfits weren't something Ranmaru and Ren would wear on a regular basis but it never failed to catch attention and head-turns.

"Aw don't worry so much, Masayan!" Reiji exclaimed. "We're professionals when it comes to going incognito!"

"Yeah. You should've joined the fun." Ren added.

'Haha I'd rather take over dad's company.' Masato thought. Among the three, he was wearing a more normal disguise which comprised of a white dress shirt, black slacks, and black leather shoes. He wore a pair of glasses and he also had a shaggy black wig on. He kind of resembled a butler, more so if he had tucked his shirt in and wore a bowtie. Although his attire wasn't entirely casual, he had a higher chance of blending in with the crowd than the two clowns for companions. Masato only hoped that everything would go smoothly and they would return to the dormitory as soon as possible. Ren was a handful and according to Tokiya, so was Reiji...

Oh boy.

"We're only going out for lunch." Masato pointed out. "May I know the reason for your outfits?"

Something about the way those two shared knowing looks, like they had a secret agenda, made Masato dread for his life. Reiji was known to be the prankster of Quartet Night and Masato could testify to that after seeing Ranmaru with green colored hair one time. Ren, despite being smooth and suave, had a childish side which the pianist had to misfortune to experience it first-hand. The blue-haired idol silently prayed to whatever god was up there that he would survive this situation unscathed and with his sanity intact.

...

Sadly, the odds were against him.

"Well, Hijirikawa," Ren purred. "While you were doing your calligraphy, Rei-chan and I decided to have a little contest."