Chapter 10

Syo knew misfortune was running after him.

Not so long ago while watching a flash report about a sudden snowstorm engulfing a local mall, the short blond answered a call from an obviously distressed Masato. The pianist was seeking for help although it was hard to make out what he was saying due to the loud 'kyaas!' in the background. All Syo knew was that Masato was stuck in a café with Ren and Reiji, and a crowd of female apparently.

...

It didn't take a genius to figure out what was happening. Syo needed to get Masato and those two idiots away before things got even more out of hand.

He grabbed his fedora and headed towards the door when he stopped. He looked around for any sign of either his roommate or his senpai – well, current senpai. The violinist contemplated on bringing the duo along in order to keep a better eye on them, but then again, it was possible that his companions might brew trouble along the way. The only person freaking out was Ranmaru who was trapped in the body of an A.I idol. Among Starish and Quartet Night, they were the only ones left in the dorm which was a good thing considering the situation they were in – a situation caused by the idiocy and careless whispers of a certain magical male who Syo disliked to an extent and the blond believed that none of this would have ever happened if it weren't for Cecil. Okay, in a way, the rest of Starish were at fault too with their complaints about their respective senpai and in the process, dragging Haruka into this mess but hey, who's the guy with mystical powers here?

The blond sighed. He remembered last month's mayhem where Starish had the switch and their senpais almost killed them with baseball bats. It was certainly one hell of an experience and Syo hoped to never travel down that road again yet here he was, stuck in this shit because the universe loved to conspire against him and because Cecil was a careless magical being.

God he hated his life right now.

The teen grumbled before he finally calmed down and went back to his rational state of mind. He didn't really hate Cecil. Aside from openly proclaiming his love for the woman Syo has feelings for, switching the souls of Starish last month, switching the souls of Quartet Night AND Haruka this month, and drinking Syo's favourite beverage a few days ago (unintentional he says), Cecil was an okay guy and if it weren't for the things enumerated plus other minor complains, Syo might actually be good friends with Cecil. It was nice to have someone younger than him to hang-out with and to occasionally torment. It really was.

The blond arrived at his room. He opened the door and saw his ever bubbly roommate tangled in wires and his senpai frozen on the couch.

With much regret, the short male asked, "What is going on here?"

"Ah, Syo-chan! Great timing!" Natsuki exclaimed as he stuggled with the wires. "I was explaining to Maru-senpai about Ai-chan's charging routine when this happened."

"How on earth did you even get yourself into that?!" Syo asked and got a dopey grin from the other as response.

"He slipped on a rubber duck and crashed into the system where those wires are." Ranmaru deadpanned.

"Unbelievable..." Syo muttered. He noticed that Ranmaru still hadn't moved an inch. "Uh, are you alright, senpai?"

Ranmaru grimaced. "Hard to tell. Does Ai randomly stop whatever he's doing and sit on the couch for 10 minutes or so?"

'They've been this way for 10 minutes already?!' The manly munchkin thought in utter surprise. 'Again, unbelievable...'

Syo made his way towards Natsuki and helped him out of the evil wires. After a minute or so, the tall ball of sunshine was free ("You're the greatest, Syo-chan!!!") and Syo moved on to the next task which was to release Ranmaru from whatever A.I mishap the rocker was in. The fedora-wearing blond inspected the machine Natsuki tumbled into and sure enough, there was a device with a capitalized STAND-BY and a time limit for it. Syo switched it off and the Ranmaru became animated again.