Chapter 2

After bidding the Genki team goodbye, Haruka found herself walking down the hall with the remaining Quartet Night. No one said a word – which was fine and normal with Reiji absent – although the composer had questions she wanted to ask her cool seniors.

'I wonder what's it like to be a teacher?'

"You better speak up if you have something to say." Ranmaru exclaimed, sensing the thoughtful aura of the composer. The rocker had grown accustomed to the female's presence despite his initial impression of her.

"Ano...I was just wondering why'd you became sempais. Is it great being one?" Haruka asked.

"It's not – it's a nuisance! Especially when you're stuck with people you don't want to see." Ranmaru replied.

Camus added his own share of thought. "If you're referring about our relationship with Starish, it's strictly business."

"We're only their mentors because Saotome assigned us to them." Ai began. "We did not choose them because we wanted to."

"Our job is only to train them to be excellent idols. Building friendships is not our priority." The Count supplied. How Reiji would object to that if the bumbling idiot was still around.

Ranmaru crossed his arms. "Yeah, but we don't really need to teach them a lot. Those punks are doing fine, though I'm not saying they'll ever surpass us."

"The assignments we gave them are simply for their information and discipline." The youngest sempai said in a manner of fact. "It is for their own good as idols. We are not concerned with the rest."

Haruka felt like something didn't add up to the statements her seniors made. "But...if you aren't concerned and if you think Starish can be on their own, why haven't you left them yet?"

Her question brought the Quartet Night to a halt. Perhaps they wanted to stay – Starish was, no doubt, a pretty good group and damn, their kouhais must be made of magic or glitter – but the pioneering princes would never care to say nor show how proud they were of their kouhais. Not yet anyway; Quartet Night was composed of professionals and they have to live up to that.

Startled by the silence of her seniors, Haruka hastily apologized. "G-Gomen! I didn't mean to ask so much!"

Ranmaru was the first to speak. "We only stayed because we haven't received word from the president yet."

"Oh." Was the only word that came out of Haruka's mouth. The group continued to walk in silence until the composer was nearing her room.

"Thank you for your time! Goodnight!" Haruka bowed before going off to her destination.

Once she got inside her room, she pulled out a chair and started to compose yet another music piece. Like every other night, she would scribble down musical compositions until eventually, sleep would get the best of her and she would would wake up the next morning due to either a knock on the door by Ringo-sensei or Cecil would play Aladdin and be magically up on her window to wake her. Yep – it was a normal cycle for the girl.

Therefore it served as a shock when Haruka woke up in a different room feeling quite unlike herself.

~

'Bad' didn't quite qualify the term to describe Cecil's situation. In fact, that word was an understatement. Never in his whole life had he expected to encounter such sanity-reducing, mind-straining, WTF scenario with the person he least wanted to be involved yet the universe wanted to be the crook that disproved him.

Because as of the moment, Cecil was face-to-face with an angry Haruka.

"Fool! What did you do!?"