- Prologue -

"I'm not kidding, get out of there !!!! NESSA !!!"

I heard Gray literally screaming at me from maybe a feet away. I was focused on capturing the details of a spectacular looking Steller's Jay on my camera to actually figure out where he was standing, and this maniac was a huge distraction at the moment. I chose to ignore him.

"NESSA FOR ONCE LISTEN TO ME AND MOVE AWAY !!!! THE FRIGGEN TREE IS HEADING RIGHT AT YOU !!!!"

Firstly, he pissed me off last night and now he is just adding salt to injury. The Steller's Jay spread its fine looking blue wings and took flight. Goddamnit, I could've got a better shot.

I got mad, stomped my foot and yelled "Gray-Effin-Son, stop poking your nose in my business and leave me alone for once !!!!"

"NESSA MOVE OUT OF THE WAY !!!!" This time, I turned my head to the left on hearing Roni's scream and saw Gray running towards me. Roni, Ethan & Collins were catching up behind him while the other YouTubers hiking with us looked up the mountain and back at me with panic-ridden faces.

I heard a rumbling noise and looked up the mountain, but I couldn't see beyond the pine tree where the Steller's Jay was perched moments ago. I could see twigs flying up behind the uppermost tips of the pine trees and the rumbling just got louder. My heart started pounding.

Right then all of a sudden, three pine trees crashed down making way for a fourth one which was heading straight towards me.

"JESUS CHRIST !!!" I screamed, not knowing which way to run because the tree had a humongous length. I mentally prepared myself to get crushed under it with a second thought to keep running out of the way.

That was when Gray grabbed my upper arm and made me stumble and run along while running towards the left himself. I lost my balance and fell down. Subconsciously, I grabbed his hand in the process and he ended up falling right next to me.

We both looked up the mountain, the tree was really close to hit the trail, to hit both of us. Gray wasted no time and all of a sudden, he rolled over and engulfed me in his arms. Rolling sideways once again, we were now tumbling down the cliff with the tree right behind us.

I barely knew what happened in those next few seconds. All I knew was that our faces were buried into each other's shoulders, my hands were clutching onto his T- shirt and his head. Each rocky bump we felt, I dug my fingers into his soft hair or clasped it tighter. With one hand, he held onto the back of my head to protect it and he wrapped the other hand, I should say arm around my waist firmly. We kept tumbling down, being pushed up and down by the bumpy rocks underneath. Tree branches were bruising and hurting us on various parts of the body and before I knew, Gray caught hold of a non-greasy rock to stop us from tumbling further.

He held onto my waist with his other arm to make sure I didn't roll over and tumble down again. We looked down and saw the tree continuing to diminish from our sight. I did sense it overtook us by rolling over above us, luckily not harming either of the two. I also figured out the slope was not a steep one, else neither of us would've survived this bumpy ride.

"You're okay ?" He whispered to me while gasping for breath. I was in shock to say anything, but I managed to nod my head a little. He slowly released his hands from my waist and the rock and we both lay flat on the hard uneven ground, trying to catch our breath. I looked straight up in the sky and tree peaks , processing what happened in the past few seconds. And then it struck me.

"My camera ?" I got up as if I just had a nightmare. "Where is my camera ? Oh God no, the Steller's Jay picture, the American Black Bear, the Tunnel View pics. Our hike pictures from the past three days for crying out loud !!" I panicked and looked over at Gray who had covered his eyes with one hand and was still catching onto his breath.

Holy Shiiiii !! Why do guys look so much more attractive when they breath harder ??

I immediately regretted having that thought and shook him violently, "Grayson Bailey Dolan, where on earth is my camera ???!!!"

I could tell he got super annoyed. For starters, I said his full name out loud. And when I panic, the person in my company has to suffer my behavior. This time, it was Gray's turn.

He moved his hand over from his eyes to his forehead and looked back at me, "Are you being serious right now ?? You could've turned into a mashed Vanessa within seconds and all your worried about is your ass camera ??"

I punched him hard on the shoulder, I didn't realize he got a deep cut there until he screamed with pain in response.
I apologetically held his lower arm, then came back to what I was talking about. "You dare say anything sick about my camera Grayson, yes it is important to me and yes I am worried about it right now."

He shook his head in disbelief and got up, towering above me. I got up too after stumbling over my foot, to show him I wasn't afraid of his giant appearance.

He then spoke "Nessa, you do realize you wouldn't have been standing in front of me and talking to me if that tree would've crushed you right ?? What are you an idiot ??"

I raised my pointer finger threatening him, but he seemed unfazed and continued scolding, "I was screaming my lungs out warning you about the tree and you just glued yourself to the spot and went deaf. Had I not rescued you in the nick of time, you surely would've been nothing but pulp!!"

I was infuriated by the way he was talking to me. Raising my voice, I spoke "Well then go and join the Justice League !! I don't need you here !! You'll be happier with a bunch of people hailing you with a superior name instead of me, a girl who is concerned about her precious camera and can't stand your presence for even a second. And you're calling me an idiot ?? You're a psycho yourself !!"

"Excuse me ??" He was bewildered, his eyebrows shot up.

"You heard me Grayson, who just chooses to go down a mountain like that ??? You risked both of our lives !!"

"Woah hang on right there. I was the one who risked our lives ?? Girl, we would have been with the others right now had you followed my warnings. And that trail ?? It was wide enough Nessa. A wide, bumpy trail on with the tree easily rolled over and it could've crushed both of us if we would've been lying there. The least you could do is thank me for choosing the rocky ride downhill instead."

I was so furious by his dominant attitude that I yelled back at him, "WHATEVER YOU SAY, I WON'T DENY THAT I WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER OFF ALONE THAN FORCEFULLY BEING LOST IN THIS FOREST WITH NO ONE BUT YOU !!!"

He chuckled over my stupid rage and then spoke calmly "Get some sense in that damn head Nessa, then we'll talk." Shaking his head in disbelief, he turned around to walk in a random direction.

Maybe he was right, I was talking with zero thought process and no filter of words from my mouth. But I couldn't stand the idea of being with him all alone. This can happen to anyone but me. He infuriated me to the level where my mind just stopped functioning and I ended up talking like a 5 year old kid in front of him. I was clearly having the time of my life *sarcastic smile*.

"I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE WE ARE RIGHT NOW !!! THE GUYS UP AT THE TRAIL HAVE MY BAG PACK, MY FOOD, MY PHONE !!!! ETHAN I NEED MY BAG PACK !!!"
He yelled to himself and distracted me from my chain of thoughts. I luckily had my small bag pack safe with me, but all that tumbling must've crushed the things inside it. Tightening it around me, I chose to follow Gray's path. I had no other option. Had he not screwed things up last night, I would've been the happiest person alive because I had him as my only company.

-------------------------------------------

Peep the next part. I will upload it in a bit.....