- Seeing Him In A New Light -

"I don't know Nessa, this really looks weird," Grayson said with a tensed frown.

"It looks cute to be honest. The-" I look down at his hips and held in a laugh. He sighed in embarrassment.

The two of us were in my room a while ago to keep both phones in the safe. We couldn't just carry it around, else we would be interrogated by the hotel staff and things would've not ended up as planned. Because it was cold outside and Grayson wore just a tight fitted black T-Shirt and light grey sweatpants, I had to lend him some warm clothes. The socks were okay, but my white hoodie reached just above where supposedly his belly button should be. A good amount of the black shirt was visible between the hoodie and his sweatpants, reminding me of a zebra. The hotel staff threw judgemental looks at him which made us walk out of the hotel as fast as possible.

Out in the open, we were now walking on the sidewalk of the paved roads. Light from the amber street lamps peeked from behind the cluster of leaves. It's presence made me feel warm and cozy even as the cool breeze gently blew upon us. The route ahead was indeed a gorgeous sight. And there was no one here but us, enjoying our peaceful stroll.

"I feel like a T-Rex with short arms," He said looking at his hands inside the hoodie's pocket, practically over his upper abs. He finally gave up sighing loudly and put his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants.

"Come on, you're exaggerating now. It doesn't look that bad. Moreover, I've seen you pull off the crop top looks pretty well. This shouldn't be any different."

His face visibly beamed. He had a cheerful pep as he walked, I could tell he loved recieveing compliments.

"You don't seem tired at all Grayson. Look at you. Despite the long journey, you still look fresh and active."

Looking straight ahead, he chuckled bashfully. "I'm a fitness nerd to begin with. But today I'm in a really good mood and that probably added up." He replied as he continued to trot. Not gonna lie, he resembled a cheerful little kid who was on his way to by his favourite ice cream.

"The day did treat us well. I can't wait to see what the entire week holds for us. And tomorrow is the Halloween party !!! It's so hard to process everything, it's literally a mad rush !!"

"Which is why it's good to take some breaks for yourself. Like this stroll. If you ask me, it feels peaceful right now. Don't you think so too ?"

He was right. There was a calm. It did feel peaceful. And for the first time, not awkward.

I gently nodded as a smile crept upon my face.

"I wanted to ask you something," He suddenly blurted out.

"Go ahead."

"Don't judge me okay ?"

Getting intrigued, I went in front of him to face him. I was now walking backwards.
"What is it Grayson ?" I urged him.

"Stop walking like that, you may fall," he said as he securely held my shoulders. We both stood still after he released me from his grip. With great difficulty, he finally managed to make an eye contact, a nervous one.

"Nessa, I.....can I.." He shook his head rapidly, clenching his jaw in frustration and exhaled loudly. My curiosity just increased.

"The thing is, amongst all YouTubers here, I....I'm quite comfortable talking to only a few. You and Roni included. And tomorrow, everyone seems to have a date for the party."

I gulped. I had a clue where this was going.

"So I was just wondering if.....if you could be my date for the party ? No compulsions, but if you say yes, we will for sure have a great time spending the evening together, I promise."