- Time For Some Savagery -

The cure for exhaustion isn't rest. It's nature.

That was the first thing I realized as I step down from the bus, on the land they call Yosemite.

A wintery gust of wind greeted me by caressing my hair, making me forget how fatigued I was because of the journey. The air smelled fresh and the pleasant fragrances it carried along played with my senses. The evening sky shifted from a shade of broadly spread bluish-grey to a hint of amber and red behind the trees. The tallest of pine trees was only what I saw as I scanned my eyes around the crossroads.

I turned back to the vlogging camera that I held high up above my head.
"Sorry, this place is distractive and fascinating at the same time. We've just arrived and I already recommend a trip to Yosemite to be added on to your bucket list. It's worth it guys, I mean look at this place !!" Saying so, I stretched my hand and slowly turn around, making sure every detail in my surroundings were captured on the camera. I lowered the camera, focusing it to my face and let out a silent but excited squeal. After that, I turned the camera the other way and ran to catch up with the others who were walking towards a beautiful vintage looking building.

Why vintage you ask ?? The outside of it was partially made of wood and the rest was made of stones. Incredible looking stones that traced every nook and corner of the building's architecture. The warm colour illuminated window panes gave cozy vibes. It reminded me of ancient Scottish castles, a place which every travel geek considers a fairyland.

"Incredible is the word" Harrison transformed my thoughts to words as I stopped my tracks on catching up with the fam. All I did was weakly nodded back, my eyes were still glued onto the construction right before all of us.

Rebecca arrived with four other people following her. The hustle about the building's beauty stopped and we grew silent, paying attention to her. I was still vlogging everything on camera.
"Folks, I take the pleasure to welcome you all here in this paradise, Yosemite Valley. Our crew and the lodge staff will strive to make sure you have a comfortable stay as you make memories throughout the week."
She introduced the staff members standing with her and continued further, "Tonight and tomorrow are the two nights you'll be staying in the Majestic Yosemite Hotel, formally known as the Ahwahnee Hotel. Its considered the premier lodge in Yosemite and is also a Historic Landmark, which is why the entire lodge has been prebooked just for you guys well in advance. You can view the Yosemite falls and the bases of Half Dome and Glacier point right from here, but I suppose travelling there and beholding the sight from up close is a better option."

"Yes ma'am, we speak adventure so we definitely agree on that !!" Liza half-yelled and we cheered along, making Rebecca laugh.

"That settles it then. Your bags will be transported to your rooms. Gerald and Holly have you keys and essential amenities, you'll have to collect it from them as you pass by the entrance. And finally, I hope you all have come prepared for the Halloween party tomorrow night ?"

We all cheered loud in unison, signifying our reply as a big yes. I love Halloween and I'm so glad I'm celebrating it with the entire YouTube fam this year. I had my costume ready one month prior.

We were given way and we proceeded towards the lobby. As I walked and recorded the building while admiring it's architecture, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Jordan hopping as he caught up with me.

"Oh hi !!" I said jovially. Jordan grinned back and then spoke "Hey Nessa, uuh...I was actually wondering...tomorrow there is this Halloween Party right ?"
"Riiight..." I could faintly guess what he was going to say further. I cautiously turned off the camera.

"So I barely got to know anyone besides you, Roni and Ryan of course. Which is why I don't have a date for the party tomorrow night...which is why-"