2

I hopped in the car with Asher after the school day ended

I hopped in the car with Asher after the school day ended. He gave me a head nod as I got in and put on his Ray-Bans before starting the car. I'd been waiting to see him all day so I could tell him what happened.

Asher and I didn't really have your typical sibling relationship. We rarely fought and we spent a lot of our time together. Even though he was older and way more popular than I was, Asher treated me like a best friend. It was nice having someone who would always have my back.

"So I need to rack your brain a little." I began, excitement already overcoming my face.

"Okay, what about?" He asked curiously.

"Well, I found a note in my locker today." I said as I handed him the paper to read.

He looked over it and I saw an expression overcome his face that I couldn't quite read.

"So you have an admirer?" He questioned.

"So it seems. I just have no clue as to who it could be. That's what I needed you for." I explained.

"Why do you think I would know?" He asked hesitantly.

Why did he think? He knew everybody, surely if anybody mentioned something about it Asher would have known.

"I just figured since you talk to more people than I do that you may have some ideas." I responded, shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh, well let me think for a minute." He pulled out his phone and started looking through his various social media accounts. After scrolling for a good ten minutes he looked back up at me.

"I don't know. Maybe Carter? I mean based on his social media he seems to be single. He's in your grade, and don't you have a few classes together?" He asked, already forming the theory for me.

"I don't know. He's never acted like he was interested before, but I guess it's possible." I considered.

     With that, Asher pulled out of the parking lot and drove us home. Our house was nothing special. It was a two-story brick house on the end of the street. I liked it though. It wasn't anything too fancy, but it was still nice and had plenty of space.

I'd never really been into material things that much. I didn't have to have designer clothes and a mansion to be happy. There were just so many other things that felt more important to me.

     I walked upstairs after we got back home and settled into my room to start on my homework. I was about halfway through my reading assignment for English when I heard a knock on my door.

"Hey," Asher said, leaning on the door frame.

"What's up?"

"I was just going to ask if you wanted me to talk to Carter for you tomorrow, maybe I could try to figure out if it's him?" He offered.

"I don't know, I mean if it isn't do you have any idea how embarrassed I'd feel?" I cringed.

"Relax, I wasn't going to say anything about what you told me today. I was just going to play it cool and ask if he's into you." He reassured me.

"Fine. Just please promise not to embarrass me." I begged.

"Crimson, you know I wouldn't do something like that to you. Everything will be fine, I promise." He said, grinning over his victory.

     I smiled to myself a little as he left my room. I wouldn't mind if it were Carter. He seemed like a nice guy, and I had to admit that he was also pretty attractive. I pictured his sandy blonde hair, stormy gray eyes, and lean physique. The idea of a guy like him being interested in me made my heart speed up a little.

However, all of this was just a shot in the dark. I had to make sure I didn't get my hopes up, because there was a good chance that Carter had nothing to do with this.

But what if he did?