• 14 •

F O U R T E E N

5 days later

A L E X A

I had just got back to the sanctuary with my dad, where I needed to be.

I was still limping a little, but I could get around. Dad was pissed about them taking me, but he was just glad I was back.

I was still extremely angry with him. I hadn't discussed what he had done yet, but I was getting ready to.

I was sat in my bed, reading a book. Twilight, pretty weird, but I liked it and it was the only 'huge' book we had.

My eyes skimmed across the paper, reading. It was getting me on edge.

Every time I read, it made me feel like everything was normal, especially since my room was decorated just like a normal teenage girls room would be decorated.

Picture frames, my name on the wall, little lights. At least that was normal.

I heard a knock on my door and I turned my head towards it, ripping my attention away from my book.

"Hey." Dad stood in the frame.
"Hey." I folded the page I was on and set my book beside me.

"Can I come in?" He noticed I was reading.
"Yeah." I moved my legs and patted the bed.

Dad walked in and sat down with a groan.
"I'm not very happy with you." I didn't make eye contact with him, I stared down at my hands, picking at my nails.

"I know. I saw how upset you were. I thought you had just run away since you were angry." Dad said.

"Why would you do that? After I begged you not to... you know how much I care about that boy." I looked up, finally making eye contact.

"I needed to show them if they start again, I start again. They killed Jared, Andy, Oscar, and Fisher. You know I don't play." He named off the dead.

"I know.. but Carl. You know that I-" I stopped myself before I said anything that he didn't want to hear.

"You could've picked someone else. I asked you over and over not to. What the hell is wrong with you?" I made up my sentence, making a lame excuse.

"I could have, but you didn't come home and you were with him. You were the one who cut ties with them. I warned you. I have to be careful. That boy can put words into your head and make you turn on your old man."

"That wouldn't happen, Dad. You saw how upset and how much distress I was in and you didn't stop. You thought killing him would really solve your problem?" My voice got a bit louder, my brows furrowing.

"He could've been manipulating you. Using you. Lying to you. Distracting you." Dad pointed out.
"He wasn't." I hissed.

"And how do you know that?" Dad didn't believe me.
"You can't beat me at my own game. That's what I'm best at, you know it."

"Alexa, I was being careful."
"Fuck careful, okay?" Dads eyes widened at this.

"If the kingdom and hilltop didn't come and save your ass... if you went through with it, I would've raised hell. I love you and I wouldn't be able to live without you, but if you would've done that... all out war, negan. Not with Alexandria, but with me. I wouldn't kill you but your world would be one you wish you didn't live in." I was giving him a warning. If he ever tried to do it again he knows what he's in for. He knew I was capable of it.