Path 1

Okay. I just did that. I just broke up with the best guy in the world. I know cliche. But it was for the best-not one's ideal of best. But it was. At the time, in the future, and maybe even way back in the past before I said yes.

I remember. It was lunchtime, right after fourth period. "Hey Renee." I heard a voice say behind me as I pushed my bulky binder deep into my backpack. I spun a 180 and saw him right in front of me.

"Oh hey," I said bringing my attention back to my stupid binder that refuses to go inside my bag.

"Uh... can we talk for a bit?" Behind me I could here the uneasiness in his voice and the way he readjusted his backpack on his shoulder. I never get why people just sling their bag. I mean, there's two straps on it for a reason. Why would you want to put pressure on one side of your body anyway. It's so unhealthy.

"Uh..." With a final shove, I finally got the whole rectangular devil in. Success. With relief, I turned my attention back to him. "Yup." And with the I put my pickup my JanSport backpack and put it on my shoulders (with both straps) and follow him out the door of our homeroom class.

"So, what's on your mind?" I say closing the door behind us, brushing a hair off my face.

He puts his hands in his pockets and seemed to even stand straight up for once as if he were going to make an announcement to all the students of Belladier Middle School. But, with his face to ground. He tips his toes forward and comes back to the spotless glimmering begged-tiled floor and coughs into a fist. "You."

As I stare at him with my jaw dropping onto the floor, anyone can clearly see the red pigment climbing up his neck, up to his ears, and around his cheeks.

And being the jerk I am, I hold in a burst of laugh bubbles but couldn't and soon, I was laughing at the cutest guy that I'll ever meet. I clutch onto my stomach and look away. You have to admit, that line was pretty cheesy.

"H-hey..." he stammered, "this is not easy you know..."

If you are a decent person you would stop laughing immediately and listen to what the person has to say. But we all have our demons and one of mine is watching people embarrass themselves. I know, I'm a sadist. So, I gave him back my full attention. Looked into his eyes, ignoring the red marks and bite my cheek to keep myself from smiling.

The next words that would come out of his mouth would change my daily routine for the next four months. And that's what any person would say in any other romance novel or shoujo manga.

And my answer would be, like I said earlier, yes.

*I should have titled this Prologue but the next page is also kind of like a prologue, so....*