Chapter 18

"Wolf pack! Wolf pack! Here we go! Let's beat the Pirates and take their gold!" The cheer is followed by loud cheers and pretty soon everyone is screaming for no apparent reason, because the game hasn't even started. Nor has the team come out yet. Sometimes I think school games are just an excuse for the girls to see guys in "manly uniforms" (or seeing the cheerleaders "embrace their sexuality") and for everyone to scream as much as they want. 

"Oh shut up!" Sunny eye rolls and yells over the crowd. 

A guy behind us smirks, "why won't you shut up!" 

"The game is not even starting yet and y'all already blowing my fucking eardrum! So please give me some peace!" Sunny barks back and continues rereading Harry Potter. That's our thing, I love Percy Jackson and she loves Harry Potter. 

Finally, the team comes roaring out of the boy's locker room, leading to even more screaming. The guy behind Sunny stands up cheering and dumps his popcorn onto her and the Nerd Bible. Sunny breathes and whips her head around and pushes him onto the guy behind me. 

"Nice!" Julianne high-fives her and Sunny flips her hair. 

The Wolves line up with their backs to us as Coach sets up the Starting Five. The cheerleaders chant out a cheer and does flips (that look so easy but I know I'll break my neck if I try) with their skirts flying up revealing everything that most of the guys had come for. 

I cup my hands and put them around my mouth and yell, "Finn!" He turns around from his center spot, waving and smiling his melting smile. I give him a thumbs-up. A thumb's up? Really? No wonder he hasn't broken up with Marcy yet. 

Soon after, the referee throws the ball in the air at half court and Finn tips it towards Melvin. Cheers go up as Melvin passes the ball to a shorter guy (possibly point-guard) who then makes it to enemy territory and bombs them with a layup. 

A Pirate throws the ball from the outside to a teammate, who then makes it to our defense and passes it to their point-guard. The guy switches hands and backtracks then bounces the ball between his legs. Everything looks impressive until Finn comes in and scoops the ball from him. "GO FINN!" I scream as he races across the court. 

"Geez, girl." The guy behind us says. I turn to say sorry and catch a glimpse of him messing with his ear. 

Finn flawlessly makes the hoop and shows a big grin. 

The game goes on with loosing and winning chances until there's only two minutes left on the clock and we have a tie. It may only be the first game but everyone's already freaking out as if this determines our Championship fate. 

** 

"We are the Champions my friends! And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end!" Melvin sings as he towers over everyone in our group. The game has ended, 64-65 and the Wolves has been going crazy. Rap music blasting everywhere we go and people dancing the latest trends. Some shaking their heads as their friends do corny moves such as the dab and nae-nae. Regardless, everyone is laughing and is in a sing-song mood (Melvin). 

Sunny and Raina have been picked-up and Julianne has taken the bus to her dad's house. Leaving Maylissa, Melvin, Finn, and me to walk home. "I gotta go to the bathroom," I tell them and head back to the gym, where the nearest bathroom is connected to. I enter a stall in the women's room and do my business. Once I'm done, I wash my hands, grab my bag and walk out the door. As I walk towards the direction of my friends, I hearing groaning and odd sounds coming from the back of the gym building. 

I know I shouldn't be peeping, but how do people do that? I find it weird putting your tongue in someone else's mouth. I creep my head behind wall and spot the couple. The female has her back towards me. A cheerleader. She lifts her face from his, revealing the lucky guy: Him. He smiles a mischievous smile slips his hands around her waist, pulling her closer to him. The girl laughs and puts her hands on his chest to stop him and looks around. She's not just any cheerleader. She's Marcy Stewart. 

I freeze. Finn. How can she do this Finn? Before I know it, I'm marching over to them. "You bitch!" I call her out and push her off him. "What the hell are you doing? Finn's out there. He's just near the parking lot and you're right here! Fucking with this guy!" I turn to him. "You bastard!" I raise my hand but a hand grabs my wrist. 

"Rennie... don't" Finn spins me to face him and drags me away from the couple. 

Once we're past the bathroom and heading back to where I original left the group, I begin to attempt to slip my hand from Finn's. "Finn." No response. "Let me go." Nothing. "Finn!" I yell and put my weight onto my feet to prevent anymore movement. "Marcy's over there, w-with...with. With him!" I point to the back of the gym.

Finn mumbles. Angrily, I bark at him. "What? Finn what is it? Don't you love her? Are you going to let him the her?" 

Finn keeps walking, shaking his head. Then he spins around with an accusing finger, "You can't even say his name!" 

My jaw drops. "What does that have anything to do with Marcy?!" 

Completely ignoring my argument, Finn keeps going, "You're not over him! If you were over him, you would be cool with this. But you aren't!" 

"Cool with this? Why the hell would I cool with someone cheating on you?!" 

"Rennie..."

"Finn, Marcy's over there-"

"Rennie." 

"And she's sticking her tongue down his throat. Him!" 

"RENNIE!" I stop. "Are you over him or not?" 

The answer is a no brainer. I am. "Yes." 

"Then let him be." 

"But Marcy!" 

"I don't give a fuck about Marcy! Just leave 'em be." 

How can I? Out of all people it was him. And it's Finn's first girlfriend. How can she just do that? 

"Can we just... go out and eat?" 

*Strong Start has ended yesterday and everything's cool*