synopsis

Description

A lot of things can happen when two people are in love and there is a war coming. They can run away together, keep each other safe, fight together, or maybe even fight against each other. But sometimes, they don't even have a choice.

Knowing they are bound to be separated by conflict, two lovers have a long night of saying goodbye- in more ways than one.

Let's just say, one thing leads to another, and suddenly (Y/N) Deveraux and Draco Malfoy are both parents.

However, even if the Second Wizarding War is over, there was another ongoing war between the Deverauxes and the Malfoys. But when this battle for love is lost, and (Y/N) is obliviated from any memories of Draco and the child, they are once again separated. Only this time it is without a goodbye and the Malfoys are left with a new member of the family.

But when the lost lovers' paths cross and familiar faces meet again, only Draco Malfoy will be able to help her remember again.

Author's Note

this author's note is really long, because it is the only author's note you'll ever see after this chapter. i hate writing author's notes within chapters, because it interrupts the flow of writing and takes up wording space. so i'm going to be explaining everything that i would normally explain if i were to write author's notes in the chapters. don't worry, there's no spoilers.

so this story is told from draco's point of view, which isn't typical for a reader insert story, but i really like writing in his point of view- especially since this story takes place after the war and the reader is like, oblivious.

if you're confused by the description, don't you worry- everything will be explained soon. i know at some point you'll probably comment something about the obliviate charm or hermione's parents, but i want you to be open minded about the situation and wait till everything is explained before ranting about "illogic" on the charm.

oh, this is a fictional story, so scorpius malfoy is born a lot earlier. it's an au (alternate universe) so the only thing i can say about that is: deal with it.

also guys i know i have like two other stories going on and another story which is completely unreleased but has like tons of chapters planned... but i was just so freakin excited when i got the idea for this story. it's unique and i have been wanting to write an "after the war" story for a while. this story is one i put tons of thought and effort into, and i truly love everything about it. i just couldn't contain myself, i had to release it!

omg, and who's excited to read single-father draco malfoy?! like i'm pretty hyped for this, too. i love this idea so much- another reason i had to release asap. i mean, there's not many single dad stories because it's kind of uncommon. but again- everything has an explanation.

so all i really ask of you is to enjoy this book and read with an open mind. like all tour guides say, please wait until the end to ask questions! :)

i'm definitely doing some kind of discussion chapter at the end, but that's a long ways away.

please do consider voting and commenting, it means the world!

Playlist

i have not fully compiled a playlist yet, and it is a "soon to come". it will be a spotify playlist.

for now, if you have pandora, please add the station "clair de lune" as classical music does fit very well. if you don't like classical music, that's okay! please just wait a little longer for my spotify playlist.

enjoy!