03 | tacenda

3

t a c e n d a

things better left unsaid; matters to be passed over in silence

❁❁❁

Draco laid down on his bed, but as tired as he was, he couldn't seem to fall asleep. It was nothing new, as he always had trouble falling asleep ever since the summer of sixth year. Every night he tossed and turned, flipped the pillow multiple times, but none of it worked. He used to take the sleeping draught every night but stopped because it wasn't the kind of sleep he wanted to have. It was just... artificial.

He turned onto his side and sighed out of frustration. He stared into the darkness of his room, the only light coming from the moon shining through his curtains. It didn't lighten much in his room, but Draco could still see certain objects laying around.

Including that wooden box that sat on top of his nightstand.

Oddly, Draco had the urge to just look back at the silver pin he found earlier. A feeling of nostalgia, perhaps. He propped himself up on his elbow and reached his hand over to the wooden box. He opened it, and his fingers felt the silver pin instantly. Draco grabbed it, and for a short moment, he smiled a small smile at it. But that soon turned into a blank face, his eyes soon showing emptiness when he realized what it was.

But the pin still sparkled in the moonlight. It may just reside in a wooden box now, but the luster was still there.

Soon he started to sink back down into his pillow, sleep finally taking over. Everything faded to black, his breathing steadied, and he was finally asleep. The pin laid right beside him.

Later in the night, Draco woke again, feeling a small tug at his shirt sleeve. His eyelids fluttered open, only to meet another pair of eyes staring back at him. It was Scorpius.

"Scorpius? What's wrong?" Draco yawned, and his eyes flickered to a clock that stood on his drawers. It read 3 o'clock.

"I-I had a nightmare." Scorpius stuttered out, his voice frightened.

When Draco's eyes adjusted a bit, he could see the small little boy was quivering. He sat up and lifted Scorpius swiftly onto the bed beside him. The little boy immediately hugged Draco like his life depended on it, his face buried into Draco's shirt. Draco could feel his heart beating rapidly.

"It's okay... Daddy's got you, Scorpius." Draco cooed.

Scorpius stopped quivering when he felt safer but still stuttered as he spoke. "I-I'm scared."

"Don't be..." Draco laid the little boy beside him, pulling up the blankets. "I'm here, and I will always protect you. Just go to sleep, okay?"

"O-Okay." Scorpius's heart beat became more steady as he snuggled next to Draco.

Draco's eyes closed again, but his mind wandered back to a time when another sought his comfort when having a nightmare. The words he said to Scorpius, he once said them before. It was only a few years ago, in the Slytherin Common Room.

The blonde Slytherin entered the common room after patrolling the halls as a Prefect. It was nearly midnight and he (to his disappointment) didn't see anyone roaming the halls waiting for a detention. So, bored out of his mind, he went back to the dungeons.

He was tired, yes, but there was still a Charms essay that needed to be done.

Fortunately, it was a Friday night- which meant he could stay up a little later than usual. It appeared as though everyone else was asleep, and it was just Draco and the crackling fire of the Common Room. He grabbed some parchment and a Charms textbook from his bag and sat down at a table near the fireplace.

Obliviate ➳ Draco x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara