02 | ludic

2

l u d i c

full of fun and high spirits

❁❁❁

After getting dinner, the two went back to the fireplace in which they appeared from and used the Floo Network to travel back to Malfoy Manor. Once Scorpius and Draco arrived at their manor, Scorpius ran wildly around the house, glad to finally be home.

Draco really wanted to take a shower after working in the hospital all day around patients, but it seemed as though Lucius and Narcissa were not yet home to watch Scorpius while he did. Fortunately, Draco had the day off tomorrow and would be able to stay up later than usual since he could sleep in in the morning. So he followed in the direction his son ran off to and found the little boy in the sitting room playing with a few toys.

Draco beamed as he sat down on the floor next to Scorpius, picking up a few toys too. Scorpius threw his arms in the air of contentment and laughed as he handed Draco more toys.

Scorpius was always a happy child, a quick learner too. Draco noticed his son had the same high energy as his mother, but also her passion for learning new things. Scorpius may have looked exactly like Draco (except for his smile, of course) but he had his mother's beautiful personality. Gratefully, too- Draco didn't want Scorpius to be as cold and isolated as he was.

It wasn't long until a loud crack was heard from the other room, letting Draco know that his mother and father were finally home.

"I'll be back, Scorpius," Draco said, putting down the toys and stood up. "Daddy has to go do a few things."

Scorpius looked at his father with sad eyes, but mumbled, "Okay."

Draco walked over to the other room where his mother and father appeared, taking off their coats.

"Hello, mother." Draco greeted and then turned to his father, giving a small acknowledging nod, "Father."

"Son," Lucius said, before walking out of the room to probably go to his study.

Narcissa gave Draco a kiss on the cheek before sitting down to unload her purse of things she brought to the Ministry. "How was dinner, sweetheart?"

"It was fine, we went to a Muggle diner."

Narcissa nodded. "I figured you would need to since there wasn't anything else close by."

"Thank you, mother," Draco replied, picking up a few stray toys from Scorpius he found. "For the money."

"Of course." She half-smiled, before darting her eyes back to a piece of parchment she was reading.

Draco stood there awkwardly, still with toys in his hands. He forgot what he actually came to greet his parents for, being distracted by his mother's question on dinner.

"Do you need anything, Draco?" Narcissa asked, noticing his strange presence also.

"Um..." Draco took a moment to think before the realization came to him. "Oh! I need you to watch Scorpius while I take a shower."

"Sure, where is he?"

"In the next room playing with his toys." Draco started to walk out of the room, "I won't be long!"

He strolled down the dark hallways of the manor, using his wand to light candles on the way. After a few turns, he finally reached his bedroom. Draco placed his son's toys in a toy basket and grabbed a few clothes from the closet and afterward made his way to the bathroom down the same hall.