04 | thantophobia

4

t h a n t o p h o b i a

the phobia of losing someone you love

❁❁❁

Draco left the dining hall bitterly. He refused to believe that his mother actually suggested he be married to someone when there were many reasons he just couldn't. But what upset him more is the fact that she told him to forget, like she did. He could never do that, even if he tried.

But Draco knew himself that Scorpius would start asking questions. He may be five now, but he will soon grow older and start realizing things. Things like the dark mark, the awful things that happened in this very manor, the Malfoy reputation, (Y/N)... There were just too many secrets Draco was keeping from the little boy and it pained him.

He shook the thoughts of the conversation away when he entered his bedroom, seeing Scorpius still soundly asleep to his relief. Thank Merlin he wasn't woken up by the argument. Draco wouldn't know what to say to him if he was, but gratefully the manor was large and the walls weren't thin.

Opening his closet, he grabbed one of his black suits and a black tie from one of his drawers. It definitely was a little too formal to get ice cream in, but Draco liked the classy look in any occasion. It showed his importance and pride.

Perhaps the old Draco was still in him more evidently than he thought.

He quickly changed into the black suit, making sure the fabric was smooth and crisp. Glancing at himself in front of a mirror, he still felt something was missing. His eyes darted to something sparkling on his bed, the silver pin. He walked over and grabbed it from the bed, examining it in his hand. Memories of the night he first wore it came to him the more he thought about it.

"Oh, darling- you look absolutely smashing." She smiled as she tied the black necktie around him. "I love it when you wear a suit."

"But don't I always look this good, (Y/N)?" He teased, grabbing her soft hands in his.

She rolled her eyes playfully, and lightly pushed him away, "Hush, you. Don't get cocky."

"It's not like you hate it when I'm a bit of a show-off," Draco's lips curled, pulling her back. "Especially when it comes to you."

"Admittedly, you're quite right," She grinned, but her eyes gazed back down to his suit. "Something's missing."

"What is it?"

She crossed her arms and stared intently at Draco's attire, thinking what to add. Her eyes then widened as she scurried over to his school trunk, opening it.

Draco raised a brow, "What are you-"

"Here it is!" She exclaimed, standing up and holding the pin in front of him. "I give you this for Christmas and you tuck it away into your trunk?"

Although her eyes showed that she wasn't mad, Draco still felt the blood rush to his cheeks. "S-Sorry! I was planning on wearing it when winter break was over, on my uniform... I swear."

Well, he wasn't lying at the very least. She seemed to know this too and smirked as she went to place the pin in the very front of his black tie, to be seen by all. As if proud of her work, she stood back and placed her hands on her hips, admiring Draco's appearance. "There, now you look complete."