05 | retrouvaille

5

r e t r o u v a i l l e

the joy of meeting or finding someone again after a long separation; rediscovery

❁❁❁

"Zabini," Draco muttered, turning around to face the source of the voice.

He was greeted by Blaise Zabini, an old friend from Hogwarts. The two were both in Slytherin, pureblood, and from respected families. It was only natural that they were friends back then. However, Draco hasn't talked to anyone from Hogwarts for a while now, and the sight of one of his old friends was not expected. By the looks of it, Zabini must've thought so too.

"Malfoy," Zabini mocked, crossing his arms. "What a surprise."

Draco didn't see any reason to play catch up with him and was wondering about a more important matter. It appeared as though Zabini didn't even have Scorpius.

"Where is he?" Draco asked.

"Oh, right," Zabini said, letting out a low chuckle. "Well, you see..."

The blonde instantly drew his wand out, gripping it tightly as his brows furrowed. "Tell me, Zabini, right now."

"Alright, alright." Zabini cleared his throat. "You see, I lied to you."

"Obviously." Draco scoffed. "Listen, I have no time for your games. My son is lost-"

"Let me finish. I lied to you because I am not the one who found your son."

"Then where the hell-"

"Why, he's right over there, with her." Zabini pointed his finger towards a girl, her back turned. In her arms, was Scorpius. She appeared to be looking left and right, trying to find something. "She found him."

Draco felt a feeling of relief rush over him, knowing that Scorpius was found by someone who wasn't dangerous or odd. Whoever it was, must've been with the Zabini and knew him. After all, it was a known fact that the Zabinis only associated themselves with only respectable people.

Zabini gave a strange look to Draco, before smirking once again. He whistled to the girl, causing her to turn her attention towards the two men.

"Blaise! I thought you were lost too. Did you find this boy's-"

But the moment the girl turned around, Draco felt his heart stop, his mind blank, and his body tense. Instantly, the feeling of relief was drained. A new feeling filled him, one of shock and disbelief. Draco was completely tongue-tied.

It was her- but how could this be?

She ran up to Zabini, Scorpius still in her arms, but her gaze soon met Draco's. "Ah, there he is! Good job Blaise, you helped somebody for once."

Draco blinked several times, trying to determine if this woman in front of him was a figment of his imagination or not. But every time he opened his eyes, she was still there, her eyes and her smile sparkling.

She didn't even change that much over the years. Maybe she looked a little messier and she was now wearing a burgundy trench coat instead of a Hogwarts uniform, but she was still the beautiful girl Draco met so many years ago.

Draco didn't know what to say or feel, other than stand there in shock. The situation was absolutely surreal. After years and restless nights, was this how the two were supposed to meet again? Her finding him? Or rather, her finding his son- their son.