The Evil Inside

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY CONCEPTS TAKEN FROM DESCENDANTS 1 OR 2, IT'S CHARACTERS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

Evie's POV

Mal walked into our dorm room pacing back and forth. I was in the middle of doing homework when I looked up at her concerned. "Everything alright?" I asked my best friend in the entire universe, as I set down my books and rose from the bed.
     "No, everything is not alright! Everyone expects me to completely good all of a sudden, and to have so many responsibilities and not complain about a single one of them!" With this, Mal's eyes shone bright green for a second or two, which hasn't happened since she  faced off with her mother merely six months ago. "Woah, calm down, everything's gonna be fine Mal, if you ever feel stressed the least bit, you know you can come to me to help you." I said to her as I rested my hand on her shoulder. She shrugged me off and threw the book she was holding at the wall, causing a loud noise. "I am tired of everyone telling me to calm down! It's not easy on me, I don't fit in here!" A single tear streamed down her cheek, as she reached for her spell book. I put my hand on her spell book so she couldn't get it. I used my gentlest tone I could muster to say "Magic isn't the answer to everything." She started to relax her breathing, and she sat down on the bed as I sat next to her. "Wanna talk about it?" I asked her gently.
"Not really... It's just that sometimes I miss being in the Isle doing whatever the heck I want, not having a care in the world, scaring people away so I wouldn't have to deal with them."
"I get it M, it's hard here, but we just have to put our evil roots behind us and stay strong"
"But it would be so much easier if we went back to the Isle, don't you agree?"
"No, I don't agree. Why don't you get some rest? It's almost 11PM."
"Fine."
       We fell asleep, but when I woke up, Mal was no longer in her bed, but instead there was a note folded up, with the words 'I'm sorry' written right on top.