Lost Hope

Third Person POV

Mal and Harry entered Hook's Fish and Chips, and were soon seated. Harry's spell had made Mal's eyes shine green, and they've been shining for the longest they'd ever been shining for.
"This place is nastier than I remember, which is saying a lot..." Mal glanced at her surroundings, seeing a rat hiding from the food, clearly terrified.
"You're too kind, Mal." Harry Hook had a rotten piece of fish in his hook. "I caught this one myself." Said Harry, plopping his proud catch into Mal's plate.
"Good, because I only like the worst tasting fish in the business." Mal smiled, taking a bite of the nasty fish. Her eyes stopped shining green for a moment, Harry noticed, and twirled one of her purple locked in his hook causing Mal's eyes to shine green again.

Evie's POV

After checking 6 different places, I was starting to lose hope. I saw Carlos and Jay running toward me, with panic in their eyes.
As I told them to calm down, they had their hands on their knees and they were panting heavily, especially Carlos.
"Mal... Harry... Spell... Too late..." Carlos could only speak parts of sentences, since he was still trying to catch his breathe.
"Excuse me?" I was very confused, since I had no idea what 'Mal Harry Spell Too late' meant.
Jay had already caught his breathe, so he actually gave me a clue on what was going on.
"Mal already talked to Harry, he most likely already put his spell on her, we're too late."
"It can't be too late, every spell can be broken, right?" Carlos had finally caught his breathe, but was still panting in between words.
"But Harry's spell isn't from a spell book, so there's no written way to reverse it, unless..." I knew what we had to do.
"Unless what?" Jay and Carlos said this simultaneously.
"Follow me. We need to get Ben, and we need to get him now."

Author's Note : Sorry for the short chapter, having some writer's block! Please comment any ideas you have!
Question: Why do you think Evie wants to get Ben?