Chapter 5

"So what now?", I asked the boys as I unpacked my bag and rearranged it with all the new stuff I bought. I was officially back on track with everything I needed. It was good to be fully independent again.

"Well, we rest here for the night I guess", Sam replied.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go get a beer, anyone wanna join?", Dean asked throwing on his leather jacket.

"Count me in", I replied putting on my own leather jacket and adjusting my dagger necklace. The car ride up to the motel helped me get more used to Dean. We were forced to talk in order to not die of boredom on the ten hour drive. It also helped that Sam was there too. He always had something to say, which saved me from the usual awkward silence between me and Dean.

"You guys go ahead, I think I'm gonna call it a night", Sam informed us. "Whatever Loser", Dean shouted as we left the room.

"No way, you did not do that!", Dean laughed.

"I did, and it was one of the most empowering yet embarassing things ever", I replied taking a sip out of my second beer. Dean and I had been talking nonstop since we got to the bar. I don't know how, maybe it was because we had alcohol and that helped ease off the usual silence. Currently I was telling Dean about the time I went to a prom on a hunt and had to kill a prom queen ghost. It sounds comical when its just a story being told, but in reality it was incredibly dangerous. The prom queen would rip the heart out of anyone who won prom queen. Apparently she was still upset from her prom when she won by default.

"I ran right on stage and began to shoot. Imagine my surprise when I was the only who could see the ghost. You know one of those selectively visible ghosts who chooses who sees em. Anyway it probably wasn't the best idea to open fire at a school event. But hey at least no one got pregnant", I joked.

"Wow, you're incredible", Dean commented taking a sip from his beer.

"Can I get you guys anything else?", the bartender asked walking over. She leaned a little too close to Dean and gave him a wink.

"We are good thanks", I replied. As she walked away I caught Dean checking her out.

"Dude, no way", I replied.

"What?", he asked offended.

"She is so out of your league and besides how would you even go about picking her up?", I teased. Even though I knew Dean was probably a catch with the ladies.

"I have smooth moves", he chimed.

"Okay, you think you have smooth moves? Let me see them, if they're any good I will personally call the barteneder back over here. But if I dont find myself swooning over you, you buy my drinks for the rest of tonight", I told him. Then I saw something glisten in Deans' eyes. He had accepted the challenge.

"Deal, but don't think that I mean anything by it", he told me. Suddenly Dean scooted closer to me. His eyes looked straight in to mine.

"So you enjoying tonight?", he casually asked. Realizing he was pretending to hit on me, I stayed in character and responded, "Now that you're here absolutely", then I let out a little flirtatious laugh.

"Let me tell you, there's something about you that is so riveting. I hope your boyfriend appreciates that"

"Dean, seriously?! That is the most cliche way to start hitting on someone!", I exclaimed.

"Well it works", he told me.

"Well not on me it doesn't, that is an awful way to pick up girls. Is that seriously all you can bring to the table?", I questioned. I was so gonna win this bet.