Chapter 16

I woke up to the same warmth from the morning before, but this time Deans arm was resting across my waist as well. We had fallen asleep shortly after he surprised me in bed. I had decided I would tell him about everything in the morning. I just wanted to live a little longer in wonderland. I was hoping to go see Astrid, but I don't know if I wanted Dean there. I'm scared enough I'll hurt Astrid somehow just by being near her like I did Rheina. I couldn't imagine how it would feel to put Dean in that danger.

I looked over at his still and sleeping body. The sun shone across his face and his light lashes contrasted the freckles on his cheeks. I didn't wanna wake him, but I wanted him to hold me tighter. I squeezed the arm he had wrapped around me hoping to trigger a automatic muscle response so he would pull me closer. I was so desperate for his touch yet so embarrassed by how bad I needed him. I didn't want anyone to know, worst of all him. I could feel his warm breath tickling my neck. I closed my eyes only to see the same creepy face Rheina made yesterday. It wasn't her, it wasn't demonic either. It was one step further, I just don't know in which direction. I accepted that I was going to be awake for the day.

I slipped out from underneath Dean, hoping to return to the library and figure out what yesterday meant. What she was talking about sounded proverbial, like it was meant to mean something. Like it was meant to be true. I pulled on a pair of pant and put my hair into a bun before heading downstairs. I turned the corner of the hall leading to the library and heard a shuffling coming from the room. I walked closer.

"Hey Lena" It was Sam. I looked up at him as he held the book I was reading the day before in his hand. "Doing some light reading?" He chuckled. I pulled it from his hand.

"I just, I'm trying to find an old story okay." I decided to be honest since there was no need to explain further why I was scouring Bobby's library.
"Why are you in the library this early in the morning anyways?"

"Dean sleeps in late on mornings after hunts, I thought it would be a good time to do some research without him bothering me." Sam's answer was less than satisfactory as Sam and Dean only did research when it pertained to a hunt, and as they had just gotten back from one it didn't make sense that they would already be working on another.

"Unless you're also trying to keep Dean from knowing what you're up to," I claimed. Sam squinted his eyes at me before returning the question.

"Is that what you're doing Lena?" Sam was right. I wasn't even close to being ready to tell Dean about the witches, or the story or any of it, whatever it is. He already still worries about me since my last incident, I can't make it any more difficult for him.

"Fair enough," I responded. "Actually Sam, maybe you can help me out. How much do you know about old proverbs of the witches?" I figured letting Sam in on what I was doing even a little bit, might ease him into sharing what he was doing in the library with me. Normally I would stay out of it, but he seems to be rather fearful of Dean finding him out, whatever it is he is hiding, and I can't help but think it's something directly related to Dean.

"Only that the real proverbs of witches are only accessible by talking to one. Those sorta stories are passed down orally." Sam responded. I was afraid he would suggest something like going to see a witch again. I don't have good luck with them, clearly.

"What's everyone doing in here?" Dean asked as he pressed his hand against the small of my back. I looked at Sam hoping for a quick excuse.

"Lena decided to do some research while we were away." Sam replied. I glared into his hazel eyes, willing him to stop talking before he regretted selling me out to Dean. "I asked her to look into the witch family in town, you know the ones who own the apothecary. Anyways, she and I are going there to ask about a possible demon expelling charm in their possession." Sam's lies flowed out of him seamlessly. I was now fearful that everything Sam had told me up until this point could have been a lie based on how naturally he just lied to Dean and also managed to provide an excuse for the both of us to go to the apothecary.