Chapter 12

Driving back to a motel I was going to stay in for the night proved to be harder than I thought. I could barely concentrate. I couldn't do it. There was nothing for me to do now. I was a different person. A killing machine. It had been months since I last saved someone. The worst part about it all was that I didn't care anymore. I willed my eyes shut and allowed myself to swerve off the road into a ditch.

As I opened my eyes and examined whatever after life world I was in, I realized it looked exactly like real life. As a burning sensation ran up my legs I realized I was incredibly unsucessful in killing myself. "So I can kill hundreds! I can kill Max! But I can't kill myself!", I shouted into an empty void.

I looked over to see my bottle of whiskey still intact along with everything else in my bag. As I asessed my situation, I realized I really sucked at trying to kill myself in a car crash. The truck hadn't even tipped over, it was just leaning on its side a bit. I felt blood pulsing through my ear and the smell of blood was even stronger. Uncomfortable in the situation I was in, I grabbed my bag and pushed myself out of my truck hitting the ground really hard. My injury from the Wendigo incident had finally healed however I knew now that I had new injuries all over my body.

I dragged myself slowly up the ditch scared to walk on my legs which appeared to be covered in glass shards. I pulled myself into sitting position on the side of the gravel road and reached into my bag for my whiskey. I had gone through countless bottles and always made sure I never ran out. As I opened the newly bought bottle I took a swig of it. Maybe I could drink myself to death. I chuckled at myself. I was really determined to die and I had no idea why. Oh yeah, because I was a monster who deserved nothing less.

I took a deep breath before I began to chug the whiskey. It was the worst experience I have ever had with alcohol but it seemed to be doing the trick. Even while drinking I felt myself getting drunk. Halfway through finishing the bottle I set it by my side and began to cough violently. I noticed I was coughing out a crimson colored liquid. My insides were bleeding. "Fucking peachy!", I exclaimed.

"I just want to fucking die!!!!!!", I screamed in pain.

I brought my knees to my chest and began to cry out in pain. I wasn't important anymore. I was a danger to everyone.

I suddenly heard a low rumble comng from up the road. If I was going to die, this was my chance to do it. All I had to do was stand up and get in front of the car. I quickly gulped down the rest of my whiskey bottle before pulling myself up to my feet. My legs screamed in agony. The shards of glass digging deeper into my skin. The only thing that kept me moving was the thought of all the pain I would rid of in a mere few seconds.

I saw the headlights coming towards me and ran out in front of the car awaiting its sweet arrival. Maybe I wouldn't feel a thing when it hit me.

A loud screeching rang through my ears a the car came to a sudden halt only a few inches from me.

"NO! NO! NO!", I screamed. I needed that damn car to hit me.

"Lena?!", a gravely voice cried. I didn't even look up to see who it is before falling to the ground and rocking back and forth.

I suddenly felt two strong arms wrap around me. I could feel the glass pushing further in me.

"Lena, why why did you do this", the voice pleaded. I looked up to the man holding me, it was Dean. I smiled. The car had to have hit me. "I'm in heaven", I chimed.

"No Lena! I'm here, I'm really here", he cooed holding me closer.

I looked up into Dean's eyes. The greenest of green I had ever laid eyes on.