Chapter Eleven

Scooter waves his hand in the air, motioning Kennedy, Alfredo and I over to him where everyone else is seated; Alison, Jenny, Kenny, Ryan. Cody, Carly, Yael, and my mom-- wait, my mom?!

"Mom!" I exclaim in euphoria, ignoring the eyes that turn to me. I run to my Mom as she stands up with open arms with her usual smile on her face just as Kennedy does the same to her Mom.

"I missed you so much," I mumble into her shoulder, throwing my arms around her small figure. "I missed you too, Justin." She smiles at me, her eyes twinkling with happiness at the sight she sees (me of course).

"I'm so proud of you." She whispers softly to me. I beam down at her, quietly thanking her. This is why I do what I do, if it means making my mom proud then I'll do it forever.

"Kennedy!" Mom grins at her after pulling away from me and immediately attacking Kennedy with an embrace that nearly takes the breath out of Kennedy but quickly smiles and hugs her back. I watch them in content, my two favorite girls. "Hey mom number two." I wink at Yael, hugging her as well. Make that my three favorite girls. "Justin! How are you?" Yael smiles at me, sporting her usual Fuck Cancer shirt. "I'm awesome, how are you doing with not having your wonderful daughter at home with you?"

She lets out a light laugh, "I'm getting by, I have some family staying at home with me." I nod but she furrows her eyebrows up at me, "I thought I saw you throwing up the other day on stage?" My actual mom turns to me and nods her head in agreement. "I meant to ask you about that, are you okay honey?" I nod quickly to their questions before Scooter hears us and decides to join in on the conversation. "Yeah, you can thank Kennedy for helping me." I smirk over at her, brushing my hand over hers discreetly. Kennedy glares at me with a small smile playing on her lips, snatching her hand away and holding it behind her back, smiling innocently at the adults.

I push my sunglasses up, pulling back a chair for Kennedy, beside the table that the adults were seated at but not too close, so we can talk without them hearing what we're saying. She thanks me quietly. Alfredo decides to sit with Kenny and Ryan, so Carly, Cody, Kennedy, and I just sit here together. "Well, let's order, shall we?" Scooter suggests, holding up his menu. I sit across from Kennedy, with Carly and Cody on opposite sides of us. "Hi, I'm Carly." Carly holds out her hand to Kennedy with a big smile that showcases her teeth. Kennedy doesn't even smile back, she holds out her hand for Carly. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kennedy." I lightly kick Kennedy under the table, watching her force a smile on her face and flick me off. Carly doesn't even seem to notice. Next, it's Cody's turn. "Hi, beautiful. I'm Cody." Cody brings her hand up to his lips and kisses her hand softly. I glare at him, he can't touch her like that. Kennedy furrows her eyebrows, taking her hand away from him. "Hi. I'm Kennedy." She says it so plainly that I bite my lip to hold back a laugh.

Something I've learned about Kennedy is, she's not easily flattered. She doesn't seem to like all the effort that people put in to try to compliment her, I would know. She likes to avoid people. And, it's definitely sexy as hell when she does it.

"Carly, how've you been?" I smile over at her, looking at her through my glasses. "I've been good, just working on music. How are you?" I shrug, "Touring, nothing else really other than that really."

"Is this your girlfriend?" She nods over to Kennedy, as Cody's eyes snap up to mine. I like this kid, but, he's seeming a little too interested in her. "Something like that," I smirk, staring into Kennedy's eyes. She glares at me, opening her mouth to disagree but a waitress comes up right before she can say anything. "Hello, good afternoon. Welcome to the Spago Restaurant of Beverly Hills, how may I be of service?" The waitress stares right at me, sending me a flirty smile. I smile back, just to be nice, and look away from her. Kennedy looks up at her, pushing her hair back with one hand as she closes her menu. "Can I have the Thai chicken salad with Napa cabbage, lemongrass vinaigrette and crispy wontons, please?"