Chapter Two

The next morning was pretty fast. I woke up extremely early for some reason, got ready for dance practice, ran downstairs where Dimitry gave me a bowl of Lucky Charms for breakfast. I kissed Mom goodbye on the cheek before rushing out of the house and to practice.

When Jim sees me, he looks up at the clock and then back at me. "Hey Kennedy, you're early today."

I shrug, "I just felt like coming early to dance rehearsal today." I smile. "Ok, cool." He nods. "I'll be out in the hall, holler if you need me." He says, walking backwards as he did so. "K, thanks Jim." I drop my bag against one of the mirrors and go to the stereo, turning on the instrumental to Dance by Big Sean featuring Nicki Minaj, and stretch before practicing the dance that I choreographed myself. Once I finish stretching, I begin to dance along with the beat.

"Go stupid, go stupid," The stereo sings and I continue dancing until the music stops a little earlier than expected. I turn around to see none other than Justin standing there with his stupid sly smirk on his face. "Justin, what are you doing here?" I groan and walk up to the stereo to try to press play but he grabs a hold of my  hand and holds it behind his back. "Not so fast,"

"Leave me alone so I can practice." I wiggle my hand up and down behind his back and he shakes his head. "I would much rather watch you dance." He winks. "Ugh," Rolling my eyes, I use my other hand to try to push him, which doesn't work out. "Get away."

Justin takes both of my hands and pulls me so close to him in a swift movement that both of our chests are touching. I can feel his hot, minty breath hitting my neck which makes me shiver a bit. "Justin, what-" I take a minute to breathe, "-are you doing," I continue, more of a statement than a question. "Nothing." He smirks, placing his hands around my waist that would be touching my ass if he 'accidentally' drops his hand an inch lower. "Ok, you need to get off now." I push him off.

"Whatever you say, shawty." He lets go of my hands gently and leans against the wall, just staring at me with that smirk on his face and his two front teeth lightly biting on his bottom lip.

Holy fuck.

I need water, I need something to drink, oh my God. I turn around, walking past him and going to the water fountain because I just can not breathe right now.

"Holy mother of God," I murmur, leaning against the wall and placing my hands on shaking knees. My breathing was shaky and my chest was rising up and down quickly. That just made a millon butterflies swarm around in my stomach exactly like how they describe it in those corny chick flick's or romance novels. Except I don't like Justin, so these butterflies are from the close contact we just shared.

Justin was literally studying me, with his seductive look going on! The lip bite and the smirk! Why me? What did I do to deserve this cruelness? It's not fair. The knot that was in my stomach was about to burst anyways from that thing with him was just on the verge of breaking when he started staring at me like that.

"That was something." I wipe my forehead with my palm and stand up straight just as one of the dancers, Mia, walks in. "Hey Kennedy!" She exclaims in her usual bubbly tone and walks over to the water fountain where I was. "Hey Mia." I smile at her. "How long have you been here?" She asks.