Jungkook (vampire!au)

Having your own new condo was great. It meant total freedom and laziness.

Even though you were only 19, your single dad thought it was ok if you had a small place of your own, as your average house was empty anyway, with him often on business trips and your mom long gone.

And you had to admit to yourself this past month, in your own 'crib' was awesome.

Thinking those things, getting back from your part time job you took during the summer in the bakery, you almost didn't notice all the boxes in the entrance of your building.

"Somebody's moving in, huh?" You thought to yourself. The apartment opposite of yours was empty since you got there but it was also possible somebody else moved out.

Careful with the leftovers from the bakery you made your way to your floor.

The boxes on the hallway indicated you were right and someone was moving across the hall from you.

Noticing the door were open, you tried discretely peeking through while making way to your doors.

With a small chant of 'please be it a hot young guy' repeating inside your head on the loop you caught a siluete. A grin spread on your face remarking the broad shoulders of a male. Which turned around to see you staring like an idiot.

Shit.

Awkward...

You hastily turned around and tried to grab your keys. But of course, they weren't in their place. With a huge sigh and curses rolling off your tongue you kept fishing for it in the mess of your bag. Oh boy, you must have been quite the sight standing there like that; frantically looking for your keys. When you finally found them, of course, you had to drop them once before having more trouble getting them into the lock and actually unlocking the door. Once you finally did, you wasted no time getting inside of your apartment. But just before you closed the door and fell on the floor from embarrassment you thought that you saw the guy staring at you with a pretty amused smile.

"God damn it, Y/N get it together." you tried calming yourself.

Some time after; after a nice long cold shower to cool you down, you heated up some of the cookies from the bakery and nicely arranged them to welcome the new and hopefully super hot guy, if your sight is still the same. Taking a series of deep deep breaths and lips tightly pressed together you decided it was now or never and went to knock on the doors across the hall from yours.

You raised your hand to do just that. But stopped right there feeling your new found courage slowly leave you. You froze for a bit and you have no idea how much time has it passed when you slowly pressed (not even knocked normally, bravo) your hand onto the door. Only for them to instantly open and startle you to death.

The guy looked at you questionable. "What are you doing here, pretty?"

Your startled brain didn't even registered the nickname and just went to your previously rehearsed line: "I brought cookies!"

The guy chuckled and it seemed like it was the funniest thing he ever heard.

"I-I'm Y/N by the way." you somehow stuttered like a 5-year-old.

"You brought cookies?" The guy asked seemingly not even hearing or caring about your statement.

"Y-yea." Damn it, there you go tripping over words again, seriously get it together!

"With jam?"

"W-wha-what? N-no. They have chocolate chips." You sort of answered, this time blaming his stupid random question for your speaking inabilities. And maybe that small smile playing on his upper lip, but that couldn't be it.