Jimin (mermaid!au)

2K and  fluffy

I hope you like this, please let me know what you think in the comments
If anybody is still even reading this with my nonexisting update schedule

Jimin was known as extremely elegant and graceful merman around the merfolk. The way he swam and turned under the sea always left everyone impressed.

But, Jimin was curious and he wanted to explore the world up above.

To him, the way humans moved was fascinating. Sure, most of them weren't nearly as elegant or skilled in the sea like he was, but they, unlike him, could walk on land. They could crouch, walk, jog, run, jump, skip and dance! Oh, how much did Jimin love to see them dance. A few time he was lucky enough to go to the surface on the nights human were having some party.

They were so different but a few times he saw some similar ones. Most of those times humans were young, around his age, in light outfits almost like those Jimin was used to. They played upbeat music and their dancing seemed very tiring but also simple; just bouncing around. Sometimes the music was slower and the dancing seemed more sensual. A few times he saw couples dance together, perfectly in sync with amazing choreography luring in everybody while they were on the dancefloor.

Jimin was amazed at all the styles of dancing. He wished nothing more but to be able to dance like that.

One time there was a party where everyone was dressed differently. Everything was colorful and most humans had masks on their faces. There were those who wore so much fabric that Jimin couldn't see even an inch of their body and there were those who barely wore any. Some had weird hats on their heads, some had weird substance staining their skin and clothes, some had unusually colored hair, some had diamonds on their skin... Jimin couldn't even describe everything he saw that night. He heard a few words that night, describing the event: halloween & masquerade. He memorized them but none of the mermaids and mermen who were knowledgeable on humans have heard of it.

That surprised Jimin. Especially because he saw you. You were dressed as a mermaid. Jimin kept looking back at you that night.
You had a beautiful sparkly bikini top that seemed to change color on the light. It went from purple to dark green to deep blue in a matter of seconds. Jimin was sure that if any mermaid saw it, they would go crazy for it. He liked sparkly stuff too, all of the merfolk did. Your tail had a surprising amount of details, but Jimin could still see your legs. Your make-up was surprisingly similar to merfolk fashion and you looked gorgeous. Your hair had a few small braids, some that had blue stings braided into them. Jimin wasn't sure how you managed to put glitter on your hair but it looked amazing. However, he was sure you were a mermaid like him. How else could you look so perfect like them? Mermaids and mermen were naturally beautiful and you could definitely compare to them in that category. That wouldn't be possible if you were a mere human. That's what Jimin thought at least.

He kept looking for you since that night.

And he succeeded in seeing you again. He saw you a few times: sunbathing on the beach, reading books, collecting seashells and similar things. But you never swam. That made Jimin sad. He could never get closer to you, only stare from afar when all he wanted was to dance with you ever since he saw you dancing that night.

He firmly believed he could master dancing. After all, he was already praised for the way he moved and his grace.

So, he had absolutely no idea how he found himself in this situation. Caught in a net at four in the morning. And he scraped his tail on something. Probably on some rock or rubbish humans left on the beach. He was washed up on the sand and water was too far, out of his reach.

He tried to get himself out of that predicament but the more he moved more tangled he got and less energy did he have. After struggling for what seemed like ages he finally screamed in frustration.