Chapter Four

Bryce's Pov
I huffed my cheeks out for a quick moment moving my fingers to adjust my round glasses a bit, more reading a book on my phone, scanning my eyes to stay focused on the words running rampant through my mind.  Ashley was slumped on my shoulder on his phone as well scrolling mindlessly, once more we were on the move.

I had to hide my pained expression from my arms, with the way he was positioned, they were still quite tender to the touch, and even the slightest shift had them aching yet I shook it away.  Each day just keeps flying by and soon this tour will be over, is the way I saw it, but then I have the wedding I have to look forward to.

Oh, great I thought a bit, I thought I could just push it to the back of my mind, like it was some homework I could forget about. I glanced at Ashley, hearing him hiss a bit sitting his entire body up making Jinxx look up from the TV screen in longue area.  "Dude I need to piss, Bryce when are we stopping." Ashley exclaimed at me.

I started laughing softly to pause reading my book, stuffing my phone into my hoodie pocket for a moment.  "We're stopping in like three minutes for gas Ashley don't worry." He looked somewhat relieved.

"Thank god I need to piss." He muttered yet again, almost like he was having a wiggling battle in his seat.  Jinxx laughed a bit, running his hands through his hair with ease.

"That's what you get for drinking all the shit back earlier," Jinxx exclaimed his hands still running all through out that hair of his it just made Ashley roll his eyes deeply.

"Shut up Jinxx," I chuckled at the child like bickering, sinking back into the leather seats letting the cold like material relax me. I let a look go on my face, turning my attention away from Andy and Juliet came out from the bunk area holding hands.

You have to hide it Bryce.... I know it's not easy having to fake being in love with your best friend it's the oldest cliché in the damn book but I couldn't help as we grew up and now.

I felt the bus stopped and I got up first, taking the time to make sure I had my wallet and all, Ashley following springing up before anyone else could. "Thank the fucking lord!" He shouted rushing off down each step of the stairs even before me.

With a loud snort, jumping down each stairs getting off the large bus with ease, heading inside to gas station getting my card out to pay for the gas and for a pack of newports just needed a little to take the edge off.

"Pump one." I informed the cashier handing him my card which he took nodding. "Can I have a pack of Newports?" I asked too, shrugging my shoulder back to rest, he nodded once again grabbing the pack and sliding it into the machine and handing them right back over to me.

I showed him my ID, which I still had to do from time to time, then took the pack thanking him with a firm head nod.

I left pushing open the door, listening to the light chime ringing of the bell, leaning on the wall grabbing one and with my lighter in the other grip, lighting it up, letting the smoke fill me looking at the end of it burning away the ash, confused about a lot of mindless thoughts rushing through.

I blew the smoke out with a quick rough motion, watching it fill the cool crisp air, like it's own personally little fog. Startled for a second focusing on the male beside me.

Andy leaned beside me on the brick wall.  "I didn't know you smoked." Andy looked stunned, while he blew the smoke out from his very own lit stick.

I forced a small smile nodding at him.  "Yeah it started up a few months back but I don't smoke all the time just when I am anxious that's all." I waved the cigarette away with one motion to brush away the burnt ash flicking it away.

Andy as well hummed with a quick nod, flicking the ash from the tip, blowing the smoke again from the side of his mouth.

"Why are you anxious?" He then asked curiously keeping his baby blue eyes locked on mine. I chuckled a little bit propping my foot back again.

"When am I not anxious?" I answered back letting the amusement out, Andy chuckles soon followed shortly after.  "You are right about that." The  both of us chuckled a bit with each other, just blowing out smokes clouds here and there enjoying the cold like air.

"Just like old times." I suddenly mutter, Andy took a glance towards me with a smile on that beautiful face of his, laughing moving his shoulders back, "Yeah like old times." He repeated looking at his shoes a bit, lightly he scruff them over the hard rocks.

"So who are we waiting for?" He broke the silence between us, I then took two more drags of my cigarette still holding it tight in my grasp.

"Ashley I think, Juliet just went inside to buy some things so two." I flicked my eyes up totally acting like I had been paying attention, Andy nodded as well.

"Yeah, Jake and CC are sleeping so what's our next stop?

"Either Miami or Las Vegas." I answered after it took me a minute to think.  "Alright sounds like a plan." He responded, stepping on his cigarette once he was done with it, threading his hands through his hair quickly.

"You want some snacks for the road?" Andy asked me in a kind like tone.  I looked to him a bit more,"We can share some Twix like we used to." He suggested with a playful undertone nudging me slightly.

I let a small stunned chuckle out, the things that people remember from so long away. "Sure." I answered while he smiled before heading inside as well patting at my shoulders a couple times.

I held my temple sighing a little bit. "Damn if." I whispered shaking it all off and I stepped on my cigarette when I was done as well.