Chapter 2

Hide sighed and moved the blankets off himself as he started humming a tune to a song he heard that reminds him of his and Kaneki's relationship. He decided to set away the thoughts of Kaneki and started to get ready to go outside for the day

Hide slipped on his shirt, pants, jacket, and shoes to visit his dear ol' friend like he did yesterday. He grabbed his keys and headed out, while locking the door behind him.

He walked to Anteiku Café, but when he arrived he noticed that Kaneki wasn't there. He usually was there early, same with Touka.

" Maybe something happened.. " He thought, as he looked into the window and sighed.

Hide decided that he would text Kaneki to ask where he was, so he took out his phone and went to do so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[9:19] sunshineboi69 : hey kaneki, my man, my bro, my buddy ol' pal, where are ya? let's hang

[9:21] kenskaneki : ah, sorry hide. I'm currently shopping for some food for my house, we could hang afterwards?

[9:22] sunshineboi69 : sounds good, I'll meet you in front of the café! see ya then, kaneki ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was relieved, he was a little jealous that Kaneki would be dating Touka. I mean, what if he was? What if Kaneki didn't want to be around him anymore?

Hide took a deep breath and sighed. 'Kaneki would never do that... Or would he? No. I got to stop doubting him, he's my best friend! I've known him since we were kids.'

He smiled at the thought of Kaneki. His beautiful, snow white hair with his cloudy, grey eyes. All Hide could think about was the same height male he had grown to love. As he was caught off guard, Kaneki placed his hand on Hide's shoulder.

"Hide, are you okay? You were spacing out for a couple of minutes now." Kaneki asked, with a concerned look.

"O-Oh! Yeah, I'm fine! I'm always fine, haha!" Hide smiled as he cursed himself for stuttering.

"Okay... Good? So, do you want to hang out at my place? I bought us some snacks." Kaneki asked, politely. Of course Hide couldn't say no so he nodded and put his full attention on Kaneki as they both walked off towards his house, laughing with each other.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Sorry for such a short chapter! I'll be making the third chapter in Kaneki's point of view. Also, if I do make a smut for this, Kaneki will most likely be the top-- I just can't see my sunshine boy being a top since he seems pure (but we all know he's not).

Anyways, till then~ See you!

- maki ☁️