Chapter 6

// Kaneki's P.O.V. //

With a deep breath, I sat up from the couch and stretched. It was the next morning after watching Hide play games all night yesterday, it was enjoyable. I got to spend time with my favorite.. friend? It's been a while since I thought about it. I really enjoy being near him, he's kind of like a piece of me I can't let go.

Though that thought may be stupid, but I think I may have a crush.. I can't explain it, but I think he may think of me differently if I try and pursue him. It was kind of stupid of me yesterday as well.. I hugged him back when he hugged me, but it made my chest feel weird? I don't know if I do like him or not, but my heart is just sending me mixed signals. I guess it can't be helped.

I chuckled at the thought and got up from the couch to walk into the kitchen. I decided to just warm up some meat I got a while ago from Uta, mainly because I just can't eat human food anymore.

As I put it in the microwave, I heard Hide get up from the floor and stretch. I should've moved him to the couch when he fell asleep last night, but I unluckily fell asleep before he did. I watched as Hide made his way into the kitchen and grab a bowl while pouring some cinnamon toast crunch into it and added some milk.

'He looks-' I mentally slapped myself before I could think anymore and heard the microwave beep. I opened up the microwave and took the left overs out. Luckily, it looks like steak, that way I can sneak it by Hide without having to explain myself.

I continued to watch Hide eat and with my free hand, I ruffled his hair. I sat down at the table and patted the seat next to me so Hide could sit by me and we could have a conversation. Hide groaned because he didn't want to move, but then again, that's usual for him.

He's a very lazy person, if I had to describe him myself anyways. I heard a huge sigh and watch him walk over with the bowl to the table. He sat down the bowl and then sat down himself. I chuckled, he can be either very grumpy in the mornings or very enthusiastic. It really depends on him.

As I saw Hide pick up his spoon and continue eating, I did the same and picked up my fork to eat the human meat. I let out a chuckle as I saw milk on Hide's cheek because, well, he's very messy. I lifted my hand and moved it to Hide's cheek to wipe off the milk. Hide gave me a stare and his face turned a bit red.

I'm not sure if he's blushing or not, but then again, it might be my imagination. I let out a soft chuckle as I watched Hide cover his face. I continued to finish my food while it was still warm and put the dish in the sink before returning to the chair.

"Kaneki.. Bro... That was kinda gay, not that I minded it though.."

I heard the last part, even if he was sort of whispering it. I then chuckled and went off into the next room.

------------------------------------

hello, maki here!

sorry for not uploading for a while, i get unmotivated easily and i started writing this right after the last chapter. i was going to make hide confess in this chapter, but! I'll wait until the 9th or 10th chapter (right at the end). :)

alrighty, see you in the next chapter!! bye! <3 :)