٣

How could you think you're weak,
When every time you break,
You come back stronger than before.
~rm. Drake

Elham's POV

Remember when I said I could finish the school project alone without his help? I lied. I thought it was going to be easy but it was already a week, and I had only written a paragraph.

All the other pairs seemed to have gone far but me and my partner weren't too fond of each other and I was starting to think we were actually both going to get an 'F'. I was thinking of talking to him again and seeing if maybe he would agree to help out but the last time I had even seen him around, was on monday and he smelled of cigarette which obviously became a topic of gossip in school. For some reasons, even after the way he treated me that day, I still felt the urge to talk to him again. He seemed very sad and lonely and everyone was scared to even look him in the eye, let alone talk to him. But i felt the need to talk to him and put him through whatever it was, he was going through.

It was lunch time, and I was in the cafeteria with Imaan. She ate while i kept on ranting about how messed up my whole project was going and how i badly needed a new partner.
I was starting to consider begging Mrs Vanessa for a partner replacement.

I wasn't even too good at writing and now I was supposed to write a story in five weeks because a week of absolutely no progress had already been wasted. Of course I thought I could handle it alone but I was now starting to realise that I really did an extra hand.

"I think you should talk to the teacher. Maybe she could change your partner. Besides, you're her one of her best students" She stated as she chewed the food in her mouth.
She was actually right. I could talk to Mrs Vanessa and she would help me out without a second thought. But the thought of not having Asaad as my partner did not just seem right. I knew Amna was a jealous and i kind of wanted to keep rubbing it in her face.

I sighed, thinking of the best solution. My best friend seemed to have notice my mood because she spoke.

"Alright fine. How would you like me to help you? I'm not gonna talk Asaad into this if that's what you're about to suggest.From what you've told me, he is an asshole. But, I can help you with your story"

I looked at her.

"No. That won't be fair to you, you'd also have to work on yours. I just wish Asaad Khaled would just be cooperative but he's just so annoying"