٠١

Dedicated to youngWwriter
الحام.

I learnt the language of the winds for you
So when the air grows up n down
Darling i know you need my smile by your side

I learnt the dance of the angels for you
So when the sun is hot
I will dance cloudy clouds down you for shades

I learnt the secret of the hearts for you
So babyboo when my heart races you to the finish line
Just know i am yours forever

@Poeticbbl

Elham's POV.

"Okay but seriously, who wears a Niqab to a party?" I asked them. Asaad, Yasmeen and I were currently in his car, heading to the party. I was so uncomfortable and I couldn't even believe that my mom also forced me to go for this birthday party. Calling me 'lame' and 'I needed to get a life' because sometimes she wondered who was the 'teenager between both of us'.

"Can you just stop complaining already?" Yasmeen said, as she took some pictures of herself with her phone.
I didn't think they understood the fact that going to a party like this was going to attract unnecessary and unwanted attention which I most definitely did not want. And apart from that, I had never ever attended a party or anything of such so everyone was going to be surprised and giving me way awkward stares. I sighed, I was going to have to deal with it. I'd probably isolate myself in the kitchen there, or wherever it was that loners hung around.

I noticed Asaad was quiet throughout. He had barely said a 'hey' to me. Times when he was like this, i didn't know if I was supposed to give him some space or not. He was just such a complicated person.

I didn't know what to think of Yasmeen. We were definitely polar opposites. She was talkative, a very social person, she also seemed like a tough girl, surprisingly very intelligent because we had a few conversations about school work and she knew more than I ever had. Apparently she was also a book worm, had a think for cooking, and was 'Zendaya's biggest fan'. She was a simple person despite all these and very easy going. I liked her but I was yet to completely understand her so I wasn't going to get comfortable around her soon.

I noticed the car driving through large gates which automatically flew open. The car stopped at a point and Yasmeen jumped out in excitement. The loud music coming from inside was enough to make me feel the lump in my throat right now. Before I could do anything, Asaad walked to my door and flew it open.

I took a deep breath and stepped down.

Relax Ilham. Nobody's gonna eat you up.

I shut the door close and turned to realize he was staring at me.

I arched a brow, aware that he couldn't see my face.

"I see you have some makeup on" he smirked. I took a step back when I realized he was standing too close.

He frowned at that.

"Yeah". I broke the eye contact, diverting my gaze to the mansion standing meters away. I breathed. "Yasmeen coerced me Wallah. And it's really getting all itchy"

Yasmeen.

I searched for her in the group of people sprinkled outside. She was posing for a picture as some tall guy who I was sure was from our school, snapped her.

"Who says 'coerced'?" He gave an amused look. I shrugged.

Are we going in? Are we not going in?

"Anyways" he continued.

"You should wear it more often. Whatever it is you've got on your eyes"