١٤

Dedicated to @qwertyxfd and @niqabiprincess12
              But none of it is supposed to make nonsense,
              For sometimes, you break the things you love,
              And sometimes the things you love, break you.
                                         ~rmdrk

الحام.

Elham.

As we looked at the picture, the three of us stared back at each other.
The crown was getting bigger so I signalled them and we found our way outside it, to an empty classroom.

"Okay so there's nobody in this world that can convince me that Asaad did not do that" Yasmeen said, sitting on a desk, i sat on a desk opposite her and crossed my hands over my chest.
I was in shock. I knew I really disliked Amna and what she did to me was humiliating but wasn't this too much? That was, if Asaad actually did this to help me get revenge?
On second thoughts, why would he even help me?
I shook my thoughts away.

"I feel bad for her" I said truthfully but both girls just stared daggers at me.

"What? She might be a horrible person but what she did was not worth getting her reputation this bad!" I saud in defence.

"Well we're not even sure about who leaked the photo"Imaan pointed out.

I nodded my head, Yasmeen smirked.

"Well I don't think there's anyone else who could dare play with Amna like that"

I sighed.
The bell for the first class rang a few minutes later into our conversation, and we all headed for our classes.
I hadn't seen Amna but i saw Farha walking into a classroom.

The entire day was filled with a lot of murmuring and conversations regarding the photo that had leaked.
Would it be okay if I said i was sort of happy?
I mean, nobody was talking about me anymore!

I shut my locker close and shoved two books into my school bag. I was tired, my heart flustered every time I thought about my mother. I did not know how I was going to do it, but I knew I needed to find a way to help my mother get better.

"Hi, would you like to get some coffee with me?" Yasmeen's  voice pops out of nowhere.

"Hi. Yes... I guess. I mean if you can wait until I go home, take a shower and pray?"

"Sure, I need to catch up with a friend anyway. Maybe you text me when you're ready and then I'll come pick you up?"
She asks and i nod.

"Sure" I mumbled

"Are you guys going somewhere?" Imaan asks, approaching us. The hallway was slowly getting emptier.

"Yes, grabbing some coffee at Starbucks and we'll probably just hang around there to chit chat. You should join us"

I noticed the hesitation in Imaan's voice but she agreed in the end.

Yasmeen leaves us, while we walk home.

I greet my mom as i step in, the smell of lasagna hitting my nostrils.
"Hi Ummi"
"Hi, how was school today?" She still looked beautiful even when she was so sick. I quickly remembered my plan but shook my head.
"It was okay" I said , but filling her in about the whole Amna scandal.

"I always knew that girl was no good. I hope she's expelled"
Ummi said, as i stuffed my mouth with food.

"Anyway, I'll be heading out soon with Imaan and Yasmeen"
I informed her and she nodded.

"We should also go out one of these days, watch a movie, go to the park, go shopping, we should have some fun , don't you think?" My mother asked me. I immediately dropped the fork in my hands on the plate, realizing the hidden meaning behind her words.
She wanted us making memories before it was too late.  I felt my stomach tighten as I stood up.